Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    When I joined, at least one of Alec Baldwin's brothers was still considered talented.

Now pass me that hard candy, kid. Matlock's about to come on.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Then you never joined.

3. cooleddie74

Well played you magnificent bastard.

Well played.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

For those of you that were here when the board crashed at the turn of the century, Christian (Or an intern with his rubber stamp) "guessed" some of my personal statistics, which included my sign up date, while rebuilding the database.

He was off by 6 months.

Was that just me, or do a few of you now recall that you have to subtract 6 months, maybe a year from what your user profile incredibly claims to be your point of origin?

5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I'm coming up on 12. Oof.

All I wanted to do was read about the upcoming Enterprise series!

6. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm at 11 or so years! Wow.

My most memorable posts was from a member who came up with a great story about screwing his cousin who may or may not have been autistic. I don't remember the details but it included his aunt finding out. It went on for months! He'd come out with another page update every couple of weeks and things just kept getting worse and worse! I never found out if it was all fake or not.

I also remember the rumor that Wil Wheaton posted here for a short while (which seems like something he would do, actually) but I never found out his username.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

IIRC, Chase Masterson was the only real trek actor to ever post here. And, Emh notwithstanding, she proved it was her. Most others, nobody would ever believe it was them, so why would they bother?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

We still have a few people from nehind the scenes that post here. And whilst it is nice to hear from the actors, part of people likes to here from the behind the scenes people. As I have a little bit of interest in that aspcet of making a show.

Might come from the fact that at one point I was considering working in Television/film behind the scenes somewhere.

9. cooleddie74

The real William Shatner made one appearance in the Trek BBS a number of years back and then never came back. He posted in one of the forums back during the early part of the last decade and the news made some waves around here. He never posted again but there seemed to be a consensus that it was the real Shatner that visited the board and not some prankster trying to play us. The early 2000s could be a very fun time around here for those kinds of reasons.

10. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

n00b! I came here to talk DS9. Voyager was still airing first-run at the time.

I remember the "great crash." I got a shiny new name out of it, as my account was torpedoed. Back then, Lisa *never* changed names so it was worth it to get the name I wanted.

11. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, my join date in my profile is July 15, 2002, but I definitely joined before Enterprise premiered - or even had a title. I remember when the forum was created with the name "Series V".

I'm thinking I must have joined around in late 2000 or early 2001, because I didn't have a computer at home back then (I'm a programmer - the last thing I wanted to see when I got home from work is a computer!), so I would stay after hours at work and browse the board from my desk. My job there was outsourced in November 2002, IIRC (which is when I broke down and bought a computer), and I'd been here a while at that point.

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yes it was definitely him. I think his daughter set it up. It seems like maybe he was starting his own website or something...?

I replied in that thread. I remember he had a gold name.

13. cooleddie74

Fun times. I wonder if any other Trek celebs have posted in here in recent years but kept their true identities to themselves? Occasionally you heard rumors that somebody from Voyager or Enterprise made an appearance in a thread but didn't just bluntly come out and say "Hi, everybody, I'm (fill in the blank) from Star Trek:(insert spinoff name) and wanted to say hi....I like what you guys are doing here!"

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I can understand why the actors wouldn't want to say who they are.

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised a guy like Mike Okuda doesn't hangout at a Trek board.

16. cooleddie74

Except for Shatner and Chase I don't think any of the actors revealed their true identities to the board. Somebody once said Robert Picardo visited and posted as himself but I wasn't around the day that happened and didn't hear anything about the incident until later. I still don't know if it ever really happened or not, but it seems like something Robert would do. He's usually pretty good and open to the fans.

17. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I just realized I've been here over 12 years now, a few years shy of half my life.

What am I doing with my life?

18. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Hi all. It's been a long time since I've been around..maybe five years as well? I'm usually on StarscapeBBS but sadly it's down and I don't know why? Every time I go to it it's a totally different site than the one I usually go to and says something like: this domain has been taken down due to abuse or copyright. What the hell?!? Oh well..maybe it'll come up soon?

I also consider myself an old timer and used to come around here in my college days and after college. While now my Star Trek watching days are down to seldom, there are other shows on TV that I'm obsessing over. :) I still miss Voyager though and wish Trek would come back on TV but I'm not sure how that could happen?

But anyway, it's good to be back for a short whole. Don't post in here much anymore as there really isn't anything that peeks my interest much. Basically I just read and observe.

19. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I joined back in 2002. I had been lurking for several years before that, mostly for spoilers and reviews of current episodes. I've never posted at a high-rate, just every so often!

Mr Awe

20. cooleddie74

Nice to see you again, Mr Awe.