Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by the Dagman, Nov 25, 2008.

?

Rate the episode

1. Awesome!

64.7%
  2. Above Average

35.3%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Um... yeah, whatever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Who believes this crap?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

In the romantic clutches of a double-agent girlfriend, Chuck tackles a dangerous mission. (Jordana Brewster and Tony Hale guest star.)

See you after the show.

2. the Dagman

Wow. This show is great. Another Awesome!

We pick up right from the end of last week, more or less. The spy stuff goes off pretty much as you'd expect, except I have noted a perceptible increase in skill and confidence in one Chuck Bartowski over the last few weeks and it continues here. If he doesn't watch out, he's going to become a full blown secret agent without noticing it.

The Buy More gang... aside from another Anna-less week, they were great yet again. And Big Mike finally got to shine this week! It was so cool to see him mistake that Fulcrum agent for a store burglar and make like ol' Ronnie Lott on a wide receiver. Plus, he already had the cover story in his head so all Casey had to say was "yeah". But I think that is going to wind up being important, because Casey gave Morgan the credit for his being there by that. Morgan's going to look like he saw the bad guy breaching the store, saw he was too big to handle, called Casey for help, and Casey held him off long enough for Big Mike to get there and take him out. It's going to look like Morgan used leadership, problem analysis and teamwork to get the job done. He is going to be the new "Ass. Man." when Emmett goes back to corporate.

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, no one else watched or something. :lol:

I quite liked the episode because of the potential character evolution. Hopefully this will end his emotional angst for a while anyway.

4. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

I liked the episode except for the ending. What a twit. His "you were gonna shoot her" whiny crap annoyed the hell out of me. As a matter of fact she could have shot long before Chuck started talking and killed her dead and she didn't. Not to mention that she was protecting herself. His fascination with her drives me nuts. Get over it dude, grow a pair and act like a man for once.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It was kind of a lame line, but it was followed up by the awesome, "You're under arrest, Jill, and I'm break up with you," so I'll let it slide.

I hope Chuck was serious when he said that Bryce, Jill, and Stanford were a part of his past and that it's time to move on. I wouldn't mind Bryce popping up again, but I think I'd prefer if he didn't. I fucking hated Jill, and I'm glad Chuck was able to man up and arrest her.

Back to normal now. While Chuck and Sarah obviously still have feelings for each other, I like that they're starting to accept that they just have to be friends.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the episode yet, so I'm not reading any posts above me yet, but I misread the episode title and just about creamed myself.

"Chuck vs. Galvatron."

Awesome I thought, Leonard Nomoy is acting again!

That is all, move along.

7. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

I loved the ep
    Why is Anna not on the show?
    We have seen time and again that the General has access to the compound, why wasn't she monitoring the compound?

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

No idea, but at least they explained in this ep that her character has been "out of town" for the last month. Could be that she's in Taiwan visiting her parents. It's the only logical place I think she could be for that long.

9. the Dagman

Or maybe Casey really did refer her to the CIA recruiter?

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That, sir, would be AMAZING.

11. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Both me and the wife love this show. Even thought this story line was a bit predictable, we were both surprised by Chuck actually arresting Jill at the end. Only speaking for myself, I laugh each week at how they get the 'girls' to do sexy things. i.e. Chuck and Sarah in the shower. This week we get a great shot down Ellie's shirt while she is carving the turkey. All I have to say is BEST SHOW EVER!!!! Okay, maybe not. However for objectifying hot chicks, absolutely.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The creators know the girls are hot. The girls know they're hot. By the end of the show, all the girls are gonna be naked and in slow-motion.

13. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Maybe the actress got a feature and can't be on for a few episodes. The writers' strike altered a lot of shooting schedules.

Loved Morgan watching the turkey being thrown away.

--Ted

14. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

Blah... the girls are attractive
    but they are not "slutty" or objectified
    Ellie is wearing every day clothes :D

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

What can I say, another excellent ep. ;) The storyline didn't play out the way I was hoping it would, but I still loved it.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Above Average. Good for Chuck for trying to take his destiny into his hands, even though he couldn't hear me screaming through the TV set that IT'S A TRAAAAPPP!!!! :rommie:

This show can be awfully predictable but it's still goofy fun.

He can't. Chuck must be a pathetic weepy emotional wuss to provide contrast with the stone-cold killers and spies around him. That's the show's premise: weakling Chuck is "better" than the stronger characters who are spies, but who are truly weaker because they are not in touch with their feelings, so Chuck the Wimp triumphs.

A side-premise (but related) is the triumph of Chuck the Geek over characters who could kick his ass just by looking at him hard. It's another aspect of his weakness that is actually strength. Chuck can't ever become emotionless (or even much less emotional) and he can't ever be allowed to learn to fight.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's when you can tell that a woman is truly very very attractive. that you can objectify them in everyday clothes.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hate to break it to you, but this story can have only one ending, to prove the premise that being in touch with your goopy feelings is better than being a stone-cold CIA assassin, and in contradiction to what appears to be the case on the surface, the emotional person is the stronger one.

Chuck is right because he is in touch with his feelings and Sarah is wrong because she is not. Assuming the series gets a proper wrap up and isn't cancelled without resolution (nice stable ratings so far so let's hope NBC does right by it), the final episode will have Sarah and Chuck getting married and living happily ever after, most likely after Sarah drop-kicks her soul-destroying CIA gig and becomes a happy "weakling" like Chuck.

As for Casey, he'll never change. :rommie:

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oh, no doubt about all that. I'm just saying that for the time being, they're sort of putting their romantic feelings aside for the sake of their sanities, and that's okay.

I dunno, though, I could totally see this show having a devastating ending where Sarah dies or something...