VOTE! Misc Av Contest:The 70s

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by auntiehill, Mar 26, 2011.

?

VOTE FOR 4! The Seventies

Poll closed Mar 30, 2011.
  1. Admiral Shran

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ar-Pharazon

42.9%
  3. auntiehill

33.3%
  4. captcalhoun

4.8%
  5. Captain Ice

9.5%
  6. Corporal Captain

61.9%
  7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

14.3%
  8. Ghrakh

33.3%
  9. Jetfire

19.0%
  10. JiNX-01

19.0%
  11. Kira's Mom

33.3%
  12. Locutus of Bored

4.8%
  13. Niorah

19.0%
  14. od0_ital

28.6%
  15. RJDiogenes

19.0%
  16. Shaw

28.6%
  17. thestrangequark

9.5%
  18. trampledamage

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank you, auntiehill, I'm honored! :) Congratulations to everyone who entered, and thanks to all at TrekBBS who voted!

This next will be my first contest ever run. Jetfire has proposed an interesting idea. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

As this will be my first contest ever run, can you all explain what exactly it is I am supposed to do? If it is my job to post the thread and manage the polling, I have no objection, and I'd like to learn. However, if this is my job, can someone offer the necessary tips, time periods, and so forth? Thanks!

If it's alright with everyone, I'll decide the contest by this time tomorrow at the latest, after hearing any further proposals. :)

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

You post the entry thread. Start a new thread, titled "ENTER Misc Av contest: (Title of Contest)." In the thread, describe the contest, what your theme is, when the poll goes up, etc. I find that 4-5 days is usually more than enough to get a lot of entries. I usually only run the poll to last 3 days after it goes up. Any more than that, and it drops off people's radar. Since this is Misc., we don't usually allow media unless you specifically allow it in your contest.

The poll is also your responsibility, but if you'd like help with it, I'd be happy to offer my assistance. It's really not hard to do; you just have to be careful to click the "poll" button and count the entries accurately. When the poll is over, it's the winner's turn to run the next contest.

You might want to use the Search function to look at previous Misc. Av contests, to see the types of topics that have been used before.

3. CorporalCaptain

Thanks, auntiehill. I have the search results, and I'll be going through them to get ideas. Anyone is welcome to suggest a proposal. However, I'll be leaning towards what I sense the overall trends to have been to date.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yeah 4 days to enter and 3 days for voting is good. Since this is Misc...avoiding things that could be done in SF/F or TV & Media would be ideal. :bolian:

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Congratulations, CorporalCaptain.

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

One theme I wanted to use if I ever won- Products/companies you wish were still around. Lots of stuff out there that's gone but not forgotten!

7. CorporalCaptain

Thank you, everybody. I decided to go with an idea of my own.

The new contest may be found here.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That would be a great Theme. I hope you win. :D