TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. TS-1838-SWATH

TS-1838-SWATH Commander Red Shirt

Welcome anaortiz

2. DivineSugar

DivineSugar Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hai! Ok, how should I start

I'm 21, and I moved from Texas to Omaha 2 years ago. I am new to the Star Trek fandom. I believe I began getting into TNG, some months ago, and I LOVE it!!! Espc. for my favorite charecter and biggest crush-- Data. :)

I love Data, because he's awesome!

That's the main reason I got into TNG. Because Data, is so handsome and graceful, and awesome; his voice is soothing and comforting. That is one of the aspects of TNG I am invested in the most. Data as a person, another kind of human, not just a machine with no soul.

It's sad that he never found a true love over the course of the show. He needed a woman that loved him for who and what he was, someone qho was willing to teach him what love was, what passion was, and what it meant. It would have been awesome to see him find that. He told Deanna that he hoped to one day get married; that should have happened! All that potential for a great love story was right there. Plus, I don't think he needed the emotion chip at all. He was already slowly but surely finding emotion in his own way, and that's what I think he needed to find his own way. Data is a person with a soul, and he was more than capable of finding his own emotion,he just didn't know it.

Anyhoo. This is one of my favorite pics of him :D
    [​IMG]

3. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr Commodore Commodore

Hi all,
    I've been around for a while but mainly hanging around in Misc.
    Now I'm rewatching TNG and remembering favourite episodes and characters and finding new ones and it's great to discuss them.

My favourite main characters are Picard, Data and Worf. Riker has now made that list ~ I didn't care for him first time around but I am now understanding more about him. (See my 'Why does Riker lean into corners' thread, it's in no way a dig but an observation that a lot of you have also noticed :))

I totally agree with DivineSugar that Data is just adorable :adore: 'The Offspring' had me sobbing.

Favourite 'guest' characters are Q, Lwaxana Troi, Guinan and of course the hugely under-used K'ehleyr;)

I'm thoroughly enjoying my trip :techman:

4. teacherkarl

teacherkarl Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey, teacherkarl here, fairly new to the BBS.

Started watching TNG beginning with its second season (my sophomore year of high school - I was in Germany during its first season), soon I was taping every episode of each series, and my wife and I even spent $100 a pop for each season on DVD.

This summer I've started watching all Trek in (somewhat) chronological order. Right now I'm at the end of ENT S3, so it will be a while before I get to (re-watch) TNG. Been a number of years since I've seen a lot of them. It will be interesting if I view any of them differently through the lens of time.

Q = best guest-star EVER!

5. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello :)

I am Aurian. I post a little everywhere.. but mostly in misc.
    Chose my name many years ago as a mix of favorite characters, one being Guinan, the El-Aurian.

TNG is my favorite Trek-series, although I enjoy them all.

6. Canuck69

Canuck69 Commander Red Shirt

Hi all!!! I'm 22 and have been watching Star Trek TNG since I was 10. My absolute favorite characters are Picard and Dr. Crusher. As a young girl they were the main reason I watched the show. Now that I am older I can appreciate all the characters and understand the point of the episodes that I am watching but Picard and Crusher still remain my favs! I am a huge supporter of the p/c romance therefore I am definately not a fan of the movies. More often then not I tend to forget they ever happened. I enjoy all the seasons and tend to watch them in succession from beginning to end over and over again. I am a pretty open-minded person when it comes to discussing anything TNG so I hope to have some good discussions on here.

7. Jester808

Jester808 Ensign Newbie

Hello, I'm Jester. I am 24 and TNG is what got me into Star Trek a very very long time ago. My favorite character is Q, so naturally, any episode with Q in it is my favorite :p I've gotten into the other Star Treks now, but TNG will always remain my favorite to just sit back and run through the seasons.

8. BlueWolf

BlueWolf Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey all, I'm BlueWolf. I've been watching TNG for absolutely ages, probably since I was very young actually, although I don't remember when I first became interested in the franchise. I will admit that I've not really seen much of TOS; TNG is what got me hooked on Star Trek. :)

It's quite hard to pick a favourite character, as I think they're all awesome (by far the best set of characters of any Star Trek series), but I do think that Picard, Data, and Riker are slightly better than the rest.

Considering I've been a fan for so long, I suppose I should have registered here sooner. :p

9. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi everyone, I'm T'Girl. 22 in a few days, live in seattle, study for a degree in chemical engineering at the U of Dub (go huskies), make my money at a big insurance company. Self described trekkie from age seven, love trek, original first, knock-offs second. Like the way in the later shows how all the charactors get to have face time with the camera. Favourite is Seven of Nine, I feel she is the one on all the shows that changes the most, make me okay with my changes. Also Worf, he doesn't think like everyone else, and sticks to he personal convictions.

10. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

Happy (almost) Birthday!

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

purrrrr

12. LiLx

LiLx Cadet Newbie

Hey, I'm LiLx, I'm 22 and I just joined this forum. So hey! I live in the Midwest, and attend college for Elementary Education (just switched from Performing Arts/Vocal Performance). I like to sing, write and read fanfic, and model in my spare time.

I grew up watching TNG from behind the couch. My parents told me I couldn't watch it, but I always found a way to. We had the last two season on VHS and some randoms from throughout the series, and I've always loved watching them.

I got Netflix about 9 months ago and started rewatching the entire series from the beginning. Right now I'm in season 6 and the last episode I watched was Schisms.

I consider myself to be a casual Trek fan. My fandom is The X-Files, and I'm very much involved with it and with other fans. However I don't find a lot of XF fans who like discussing Star Trek, so I thought I'd join here to fulfill that.

I love the entire ensemble, although Crusher is my least favorite character. I LOVE Picard, Data, Riker, and Troi. I've always been a big Riker/Troi shipper, and I wrote a fanfic about it when I was 8. No one will ever see it though ;) Q is my absolute favorite guest character and one of my favorite episodes is Tapestry.

On an OT note I've seen Star Trek XI 6 times and love it :)

13. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

I have been a Trek fan for years than I can remember and enjoy all the series but the TNG and the Original series are at the top of the list in equal place. The others are great but they have something missing that truly makes them Star Trek.

14. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    Hey,
    I am a 28 year old college student (Psychology major) who started watching TNG when I was 7 before TOS, and even didn't like TOS until I was 10 and started watching when it played regularly again on Sundays and during some weeknights. TNG is still fun to me even though TOS is now my favorite, I will always love the characters on TNG, I really am attached to that show!:klingon::bolian:

15. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Ensign Newbie

Hello! I'm Jean-Luc. Several years I watched "Half a life" on Spike T.V. I was intrigued by it. I quickly rented "The motion picture" and did not like it. My interest in Trek ended until the April of this year. I started seeing trailers for the new film and decided to give Trek another chance. I watched all the movies (I watched "the motion picture" last.) As of this writing, I have seen 115 episodes of Next Gen, The first three seasons of DS9, 15 Episodes of VOY, 15 episodes of TOS (I think) One episode of ENT (the series finale) and I have read a little over ten of the novels (almost all Next Gen.)

16. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Welcome to the board, everyone! New fans are what keep this fandom alive and new forum members are what keep this board alive. So it's always nice to have new folks around. :)

17. Mimi Sky

Mimi Sky Ensign Newbie

Just so say hi since I was here for a few days, but I kind of missed this topic... :)

18. TS-1838-SWATH

Need to get caught up on this: :)

19. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome DivineSugar

20. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome teacherkarl