Remaster the entire Voyager Series...........

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Bones1864, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Bones1864

Bones1864 Admiral

Let's see the entire Star Trek : Voyager TV series get remastered. Give the show a tweak and an overhaul and make it better than ever !

2. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We need to digitally 'enhance' salamander Paris.

You know what I mean. ;)

Because I sure... aw, forget it.

3. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

If you're talking about the visual effects, I think they still look good just the way they are.

If you're talking about the scripts, then fair enough. Good point. The scripts could do with some substantial 'remastering'...

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Voyager had a mistress. So, you should be askking if Voyager needs to be remistressed?

And... No.

The topic of this thread rings familiar Bones.

5. mattwitz

mattwitz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

for the most part the visual effects were pretty good. There were a few areas where they could go back and change them. Some of the alien ships were reused a few too many times and some of the "voyager orbiting the planet" shots were reused stock footage, so they could go back and create truly unique planets that look distinctive.

6. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

Voyager's effects were mostly well done. They'd probably need to fix up some stuff once it gets a HD release.

I bet Bones wants Enterprise to be remastered as well.

7. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

You want Voyager tweaked eh? Better then ever?

Voyager destroys the array because they didn't have time to use it before the Kazons came, same as before. Then they set a course for Earth at maximum warp. A direct line. They don't respond to distress calls, they mind their own business, and they don't stop to smell the flowers.

Voyager's new motto: "Leave us alone. We're going home. Have a problem? Eat a photon."

8. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

^ Love it! Especially the motto! :lol:

Make it so!

9. !LuvKJ

!LuvKJ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The problem with Voyager (and DS9, TNG, and most 90s shows) is that they are recorded on film and then edited on 480i video tape. The SFX are also done on video tape. If you are going to do a TOS remaster of Voyager (or the other series) it would require re-doing ALL of the special effects for the show. Not an easy task when you consider 21 seasons x 20+ episodes each.

TOS was done completely on film, which has a resolution higher than 1080p Full HD, so re mastering that was relatively easy. Oh well, I'll settle for the TOS HD DVD release and hope and pray Voyager eventually gets the same treatment. ;) Paramount has hinted that they might do re master TNG also in spite of all of the extra expense and work. I hate to see the MSRP on a season of TNG in HD DVD.

If any of you get Universal HD, check out an Enterprise re-run, it looks FANTASTIC since most of the show was shot with HD Cameras. Voyager would look as good or even better than that assuming a careful hand did the remastering.

10. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Voyager is fine the way it was. I don't think it needs to be remastered. The effecs are fine to me.

I need to start saving money to buy the dvds lol I still haven't done that (mainly just want TNG and Voyager...and might as well do the same with DS9 anyways)