The Lone Ranger

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gojira, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

The 1981 movie Legend of the Lone Ranger was a flop now 32 years later the next Lone Ranger movie was a flop. I am sure Hollywood will not be racing to put another Lone Ranger movie into the theaters for a long lone time.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Disney's overall film wing will turn a profit this year thanks to Marvel and Pixar, but there's no way Ranger's going to pay for itself. Let's just hope this motivates the suits to ensure Pirates 5 shoots from a better script.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

So maybe 2045 then. :p

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I will be 82 then God willing...maybe they can push me down to the day room in my wheel chair to watch the dvd. :guffaw:

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I have only seen the Behind the Scenes, and boy is that over the top. It seems to me that they are senselessly burning money. If you thought Cameron's Titanic was over the top, this one beats it definitely.

I find it also ironic how they all brag about how they build real sets and went to real locations and stuff, and while they talk about it, they show all the over the top CGI laden scenes. They build a train with complete with 6km railroad tracks, but the final scene looks still incredibly fake, because they had to digitally enhance the background (more train wagons, "enhancements" to the western background) etc...
    Then they show Johnny Depp doing a stunt on the actual train set, and then they show the scene from the film were it looks artificial and fake. So they wasted all the money for doing something for real, but the end product looks like something they could have done for cheaper in a studio anyways.

That's my reason why I don't watch these kind of films anymore.

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I saw the film last week and I completely agree. It was basically a live action cartoon and I loved it for that. Very silly and very entertaining.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Maybe Quentin Tanantino can take a stab at it.

9. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^
    "Kill Indians Vol. 1"?? ;)

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Can the International Box Offoce save it?

11. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

No. The rest of the world isn't at all interested in our cowboys-and-Indians stuff. Cowboys & Aliens made even less internationally than in the States, and unlike a has-been such as the Lone Ranger, everyone knows who aliens are.

12. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's my review on Flickering Myth. But given the savaging by critics I was expecting a train wreck, I have to say I enjoyed it a lot and I had the biggest grin on my face when the William Tell Overture kicked in.

13. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How many times could they have made True Grit for the cost of this turkey?
    But forget about any discerning audience,just go ahead and make another colossal roller-coaster dumbass action fest.:rolleyes:

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

But did you read the reviews before you went to see it? As you said it's been savaged by the critics so if you knew that going in your expectations were low. So perhaps all it could do was suprise you. The opposite is true if a film has rave reviews/hyped etc.. you can go in expecting a truely great film and be dissapoined.