..?Dark-matter Quicksand? (Episode?)

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by ipso, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ipso

ipso Cadet Newbie

Hi,
    I’m trying to recall the name of the phenomenon where the USS Enterprise enters an area of space and gets stuck. The more power they use to try and get out, the more the field uses that exerted energy back against them to hold them there – some kind of dark-matter quicksand. What is that?

Thanks!

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Err, the concept of "dark matter" wasn't widely known when the original series was on the air. It was never mentioned in Star Trek until The Next Generation. You might be thinking of the power-draining "zone of darkness" from "The Immunity Syndrome," although your description also sounds like a couple of episodes of TNG and Voyager.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Right.

Voyager hit a "subspace sandbar" in Bride of Chaotica, but that doesn't sound like what you're talking about.

It sounds like you're referring to TNG's Booby Trap.

4. ipso

ipso Cadet Newbie

Thanks guys. I'll have to check all of those out tonight to try and find it, and report back.

(Yeah "dark-matter" and "quicksand" were abstracts, because I don't know what else to call it. :))