What are your "Myriad Universe" ideas?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by t_smitts, Feb 20, 2014.

1. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I though the "Myriad Universe" series was an intriguing idea (at least in theory). I don't know if there were any place to publish more of them, but it might be fun to think of some concepts of our own.

Obviously, I'll start:

The Soong Tapes

What if Arik Soong had devoted himself to cybernetics from the beginning?

Responding to distress call from a distant Federation colony, home of the reclusive cybernetic genius Dr. Hiram Soong, Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, and Dr. McCoy beam down to discover a fertile landscape reduced to a barren wasteland.

Investigating the workshop of Dr. Soong, they make yet another startling discovery, inadvertently reactivating the scientist's latest creation, an advanced, yet surprisingly personable android.

The android appears to be as motivated as Kirk to discover the truth about what happened to the colony, and his fascination with human behavior begins to endear him to the crew, yet Kirk begins to wonder if this seemingly innocent creation may be connected to the fate of the colony. Yet neither realize the hidden dangers that lurk both in space and on the planet below...

2. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This one wasn't my idea, but what if the Botany Bay was found by the Enterprise-D?

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Voyager VI was destroyed, so it never became V'Ger, so Decker remain in command of the Enterprise from 2272 onwards, leaving Kirk to fly a desk for the rest of his career.

Locutus and the Borg assimilate Earth and begin expanding out into the Alpha Quadrant, the few surviving starships struggle to survive in a desolate and hostile place.

4. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zefram Cochrane doesn't invent the warp drive. Takes a train.

5. Count

Count Commander Red Shirt

Janeway remembers how a timer works and doesn't end up stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Chakotay and co end up in Jail juuuust about the time the dominion war starts.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

THIS. Back when the first Myriad Universes anthology was in development and known as Split Infinities, this was one the first stories announced... but it never happened.:(

Into Darkness showed how fantastically far a bizarro world version of "Space Seed"/Wrath of Khan can go, I'd love to see how Picard (or even Sisko or Janeway) would deal.

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

What if the Federation President had been assassinated at the end of TUC?

What if Kirk hadn't been taken by the Nexus?

What if Spock successfully reunited Romulus and Vulcan?

What if Worf hadn't gone back for Jadzia in "Change of Heart"?

8. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What if Luke had gone to Tosche station to get those power converters?

9. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

The New Generation
    Spock stays dead after TWoK. Saavik remains as part of the Enterprise crew. David doesn't die. As the stories go on, more of the original crew retire or move on an new and/or younger characters take their place aboard USS Enterprise.

Second Mission
    The events of TMP happen as in the early Phase II drafts of the story, leaving Spock on Vulcan, Decker and Ilia as part of the crew, and Xon as a younger less-experienced science officer for USS Enterprise at the end of the story. New stories spring from that point.

10. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

What if Picard was the Enterprise captain who died in Generations?

What if the Defiant had been brought to the Delta Quadrant by the Caretaker?

What if Data had been found by the Klingons?

11. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Following his defeat of an Earth ship's resourceful captain, Romulan Commander Keras finds himself a hero to his people upon his vessel's return home. But what the combat veteran doesn't know may be his undoing as unscrupulous members of his crew plot to push him aside, believing one who would willingly spare the lives of known enemies of their empire isn't fit to command a flagship in the Praetor's fleet.

I've always wondered what might have happened had the Romulan Commander from "Balance of Terror" defeated Kirk and return to Romulus with his crew. I can't imagine Kirk would have allowed his entire crew to die, which would have meant their being taken back to Romulus as prisoners. How might sworn creatures of duty reacted to such a situation given what we saw in the original continuity?

Captain Willard Decker of the USS Enterprise faces the greatest challenge of his career after the explosion of the planet Remus leaves its twin in jeopardy. Can Decker help to forge a lasting treaty with Earth's oldest rival, even as members of both worlds' governments plot to subvert the peace process and maintain the status quo?

Decker is my favorite TOS character aside from Spock. I've always felt he deserved the chance to command his own ship and would have been an excellent starship commander had his destiny not taken him to parts unknown. This story idea features Decker's Enterprise crew around the time of The Undiscovered Country. I like the idea of Decker's main rival being Romulans rather than Klingons, but the plot is similar to what we've seen before.

The United Federation of Planets at War! In a reality that saw the Klingon outpost Narendra III destroyed by Romulans, Starfleet finds itself on the brink of defeat thanks to a decades-long conflict with the Klingon Empire. And with the apparent destruction of the USS Enterprise following a skirmish with three Birds-of-Prey, this collection of explorers-turned-soldiers would seem to have lost its most capable crew and dedicated leader. Aided by Ambassador Spock, Captains Benjamin Sisko and Kathryn Janeway reach out to friends in the Cardassian Union, hoping to turn the tide of the war with their support. But their efforts may be for naught when a group of Bajoran terrorists destroys Janeway's ship and pits Sisko against an enemy more terrifying than even the most blood-thirsty Klingon- a resistance fighter named Kira Nerys!

I've always wanted to explore the timeline from "Yesterday's Enterprise" in greater detail, and this seems like the perfect way to do it. Pitting Sisko and Kira against each other is great, but add to that the possible relationship dynamics created by characters like Spock, Garak, Dukat and others, and this story has the potential to offer intrigue and drama any Cardassian would be proud of.

--Sran

12. CaptainSarine

CaptainSarine Commander Red Shirt

Tell me you are planning on writing this!! Or if not can I write it? I think this is such a great idea! :techman:

13. Clark Terrell

Clark Terrell Lieutenant Commander

Project Genesis is a go! Fresh off its successful survey mission to select a test-site for Doctor Carol Marcus' experiment, the USS Reliant is ordered to deploy the device on a lifeless, uninhabited planet, an order that Captain Clark Terrell refuses when he considers the possible repercussions of using such a device.

Pursued by the state-of-the-art USS Excelsior--the starship assigned to bring Reliant's crew to justice--and a Bird-of-Prey controlled by rogue Klingon agents, Terrell enlists the aid of Admiral James T. Kirk and Captain Spock in preventing technology representing both the galaxy's greatest hope and its most ominous threat from falling into the hands of those too reckless and irresponsible to understand its power.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Here's an idea I hope ENT fans will like.

Ninety years after Zefram Cochrane pioneered warp travel and led a divided humanity to the stars, Captain Jonathan Archer of the United States Starship Enterprise leads his crew on a mission to survey the nearby 40 Eridani system. There they find the remains of a lifeless world devastated by a nuclear war waged nearly 2000 years earlier. Archer leads a landing party down to the surface to examine a curious energy reading coming from an ancient ruin built into a mountainside. Upon entering the ruin, Archer and his team discover a vast chamber containing thousands of mysterious crystalline vessels. When First Officer Charles Tucker inadvertantly touches one of the vessels, his mind is possessed by an alien entity calling itself Surak. As Enterprise's medical team works to extract Surak from Tucker's mind, communications officer Hoshi Sato reveals herself to be an agent of the Eastern Coalition, allied with the aggressive Andorian Empire. She informs her handler, Commander Shran, of Archer's discovery, and soon Enterprise is forced to defend the last vestiges of a vanished people from those who would use their knowledge to shift the balance of power in the galaxy.

15. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that.

"I've always wanted to explore the timeline from "Yesterday's Enterprise" in greater detail, and this seems like the perfect way to do it. Pitting Sisko and Kira against each other is great, but add to that the possible relationship dynamics created by characters like Spock, Garak, Dukat and others, and this story has the potential to offer intrigue and drama any Cardassian would be proud of.

--Sran " _ well, here's a link to a story: http://adastrafanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=432

Personally, I've explored a number of "Myriad Universes", like, what if the gangsters from 'A Piece of the Action' had had another book? http://adastrafanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=63

Or, what if DS9 had kept going? Who would be left to "carry the torch"? http://adastrafanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=30

16. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

What if the Hur'q conducted bioweapons tests on the Klingons, accidentally caused a biological holocaust on Qo'noS, and thus there is no Klingon Empire in the modern era? How would interstellar history be different?

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fascinating idea! Perhaps even, with no hostile Klingons to avoid, the would-be Romulans might have picked a different world to be their new home.

18. SimpleLogic

SimpleLogic Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Don't know if it has been done but what if it was Spock that was affected at Delta Vega instead of Gary Mitchell and furthermore they weren't able to stop him there. So you have a corrupt godlike Spock running around the galaxy.

19. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

A universe where the constitution class never came to be, the nx ships are still going strong and are the top ship around

20. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

A univrs without th lttr "E"!

Spac, th final frontir. Ths ar th voyags of th starship Ntrpris... :lol: