My Greatest Trek Fantasy

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Vulcan Logician, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

I don't know the answer to that question.

--Sran

2. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:) I don't think anybody does.

3. Captain Clark Terrell

I think you're right.

--Sran

4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Once the Borg assimilate a Ketracel White processing facility, couldn't they build a Jem'Hadar Cube that produces it or a small personal processor on each assimilated Jem'Hadar? The effort would go toward a tactical drone with the abillity to cloak.

5. Captain Clark Terrell

Makes sense to me. The only issue is whether the Borg view such an exercise as an efficient use of resources. A cube manned exclusively by Jem'Hadar would seem to contradict the Borg mantra of adding a species' biological and technological distinctiveness to the Collective's own, as the assimilated Jem'Hadar would be kept separate from the other drones.

--Sran

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I was thinking more of a Jem'Hadar section of a cube, where Jem'Hadar are given Ketracel White, and later, after they assimilate a cloning facility, they could clone Jem'Hadar there too. A cube that assimilates and produces Borg.

7. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wouldn't it be more efficient to just endure the dominion onslaught? I know the Borg adapt, but do they really posses the "tolerance" required to provide for the needs of an especially difficult species? Plus, the borg could probably not assimilate a founder. Major flaw.

8. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps 8472 could go back to its original characterization. They come back from fluidic space to kill off all the other species (it seemed like this telepathic species couldn't cope mentally with the mere existence of an other and perceived it as an affront by an inferior?) But to be safe, they come back in Gamma Quadrant and start annihilating Dominion planets.

Enterprise as the flagship and DS9 as the gateway come in obviously. And Janeway et al. come in as experienced with 8472. If you want to go dark and gritty Janeway can do the crazy admiral and make another alliance with the Borg. (Cue Seven of Nine!)

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That would be a great cross-over in-universe.

A Star Wars/ Star Trek cross-over would beat Avengers at the box-office.

But where to start writing it...