Farscape - Starburst DVDs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Brikar99, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I understand that these are the superior editions of the show on DVD. Were they ever collected into packages, or should I just go about and pick up the individual volumes? I've seen a number of episodes of the show, and I have the "Peacekeeper Wars" DVD, but I'd like to see the entire thing from the beginning.

2. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

Good luck finding the first season they are oop. Sony bought the rights and has no plans to release it because... well they are Sony.

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Yeah. I was hoping I could replace by dual sided discs with single-sided versions, but that's looking less and less likely.

4. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? Crappy...

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about that because I never got the chance to buy the first season (I held off until they released them as single-sided, but then I never got to it). Stupid Sony. :rolleyes:

eBay and Amazon Marketplace are your best bet for the first season, but it'll cost you a few pretty pennies.

6. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Last year, when I decided to watch Farscape for the first time, I bought Starburst Vols. 2 & 3 over eBay, but I couldn't find Vol. 1 anywhere, so I had to buy the DVDs that just had 2 episodes each, so I could watch the first third of season 1. The season set of season 1 was $300.00 if I remember correctly. I think I paid 80 for Vol. 2 and 50 for Vol. 3. I can't remember how much the other Season 1 episodes were.

7. Hennessy Badger

Hennessy Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope one day sony chooses do to something with the property. Was farscape filmed in HD? Cause that show would look freaking amazing on Blu-ray.

One day I hope to purchase seasons 1 and 2...again. But this time on single sided disks ~ that actually work!

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Damnit! Just a year or two ago I was going "should I buy the first few, but I will later", and never did.

Yet another in a long list of things that fucking piss me off about Sony. Sony sucks.

9. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wife bought me the entire Farscape series, including Peacekeeper War for our anniversary this year. She had to buy season 1 off of Ebay.

10. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Right after Universal releases Earth: Final Conflict S1/S2 outside of R2, I suspect.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I hope someone buys out Sony. :p

12. Subjective

Subjective Captain Captain

Yeah, I just got season 1 at the tail end of the buy-out so I only own season 1 starburst edition.

I should buy the rest soonish.

13. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

i think the only starburst you'll find these days are the ones in the candy store with juicy flavors as the dvds seem to be out

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Man, I knew I should have bought those Starburst Editions when they were first coming out. I was kind of holding out in hopes that the show would be released in proper season sets.

Get with the program, Sony! :scream:

15. WHF

WHF Captain Captain

I was waiting for the boxset version to come out. ADV did it with the first release but unfortunately did not repeat this practice with the Starburst DVDs and I missed out. Hopefully now that Sony has the license they will release an even better set.

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have an irritating mix of standard and Starburst. Couldn't get a reliabley consistant supply of one or the other.

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

We all thought that Sony was going to be putting out a better edition at the time.. but I guess they're just sitting on it.

18. Leroy

I doubt Sony will ever release Farscape remember they didn't even bother to release the original Transformers how inept can you get? Does anyone know how long these license deals last? I'd hate for them to have the rights forever.

19. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

When I got the gig to cowrite the Farscape comic book, I had to track down the DVDs for seasons 2-4 and The Peacekeeper Wars. I only had the old ADV two-episodes-per-box DVDs for the first season, and nothing else.

PKW was easy enough to get, but the others were more of a challenge. Luckily, I was able to find good deals from Amazon Marketplace on all but one, and that one I got off eBay. I paid between $20 and $25 for all of them.

I'm hoping with the webisodes and the comic book, Sony might be interested in getting them back into print.....

20. Leroy

^ Sony won't care like they didn't care when Transformers was big at the box office and they didn't bother to release the DVDs of the G1 cartoon.