Once Upon A Time Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Pan's whole power seems to come from basically...his ego, or at least other peoples' perception of him. He basically keeps repeating how unbeatable he is because it makes everyone think he is and he draws his power from that.

If he ran into someone whose willpower and self-confidence was so assured that they kept thinking 'Nah, you're dead meat.' then he'd be screwed.

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. I'm very curious to see what they do with the character.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

She'll be Storybrooke's hairdresser.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know who was more convincing tonight: Jared Gilmore playing Pan pretending to be Henry, or Robbie Kay playing Henry in Pan's body? :lol: I must say R. Kay is a great young actor whether he's a good guy or a villain. The Medusa side story back in the Enchanted Forest was rather predictable. I wonder what's going to happen during the second half of the season.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Henry in Pan's body would have been %1000 more convincing if he hadn't had the same accent as Pan. I guess Robbie Kay isn't that good an actor after all. He's just been himself.

BEWARE! BEWARE the reset button of DOOM!

8. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, why wouldn't he have the same accent? Same body after all... and Gilmore's Pan used the same accent as Henry.

9. sojourner

Because accents aren't a physical trait. They're a learned speech pattern.

Pan in Henry's body was trying to fool everyone into thinking he was Henry, so Gilmore didn't have to worry about copying Kay's accent.

10. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Eh, I'd put that down to writing/directing more than a weakness on Kay's part at this point considering how good he's been as Pan. And other than the accent I thought he did a pretty good Henry.

11. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The biggest thing that gets overlooked in body swaps is often the accent/speech pattern. One of the few shows to get it right was Farscape.

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dude, it was mAGIC... so it was just Soul that was switch, not the brain mechanaics...considering the switch was a last minute thing, i'm willing to let this go...as long as they have the right personality.

And if we can accept a town suddenly appearing in the US, and seamlessly integrating into life, including adoption of Henry -- yeah, this is not a big deal.

13. sojourner

Nobody said it was a big deal. Just that it revealed Kay's not so great acting.

14. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The leading theory I've seen is Rebecca Mader as the wicked witch of the west and that we're off to Oz. Lesser theories include Cruella Deville and Rapunzel's nemesis.

15. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a question,

which is a speculation,

which some might consider a spoiler if I'm right,

but I don't remember how to do spoiler tags ...

and anyway someone else probably already threw it out there in the last weeks...

so indulge me.

If Pan is going to cast the curse, and if he needs the heart of someone he loves to do it, and if the one he loves (lets not ship Pan/Felix, ok?) is his son... then he has to kill Rumple.

The prophecy said "the boy" would be Rumple's undoing, but what if the prophecy meant the Boy/his Grandson (Henry) was acting merely as a vessel for his Father (Pan), that means it was Pan that would be Rumple's undoing all along, right?

I did like how Snow made sure to praise Regina to the townspeople after they returned, and that Regina actually stayed for the party. Sure, she was bamboozled by the Faux Henry, but she didn't get the full explanation like Charming and Snow did when Emma expressed her doubts, so I forgive her.

Yeah, I know, "That's big of me." ;)

16. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I was thinking the same thing about Rumple. I also wonder - did they explicitly say he'd die or that it would be his undoing? I'm just thinking maybe it doesn't mean that Rumple is going to die but that he won't be the dark one anymore.

I'm also wondering if Henry is going to stay in Pan's body, it would be a way to get around the issues that would come from growth spurts!

17. js

js Captain Captain

I never thought Rumpel's "undoing" would mean his death - he always seems to misinterpret the prophecy.

I always assumed it would either be a stripping of his magic or, like Regina, something to make him hated and shunned by the town - including Belle and Bae - that would be his "undoing" and like Regina, he'd have to see if he could redeem himself.

And yeah, I also thought due to misinterpretation "the boy" could be Pan or even Bae rather than the obvious Henry that he assumed.

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I just assumed his "undoing" would mean removing the power of the "dark one" and/or becoming good.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was also starting wonder if Pan was "the boy" and not Henry as the season was going on.
    Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good. I thought the stuff with Henry/Pan and Pan/Henry was good, but the flashback Medusa story wasn't anything that impressive.
    As for the accent issue it didn't really bother me, they seem pretty willing to just let people use their normal accents in this.

20. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

The more I see Pan and Rumple interact, the more I feel sorry for the latter for having had such an unhappy life, filled with resentment for his selfish and vicious father. Pan deserved what was coming to him.

EDIT:

Oh, man, that was the most emotional episode of this show I've ever seen. I'm still wiping the tears running down my cheeks. Well, not really. But that certainly felt like a series finale!

Rumple made the ultimate sacrifice. I wonder if he's gone for good. He's one of the strongest characters in the series, and I would hate for Robert Carlyle to leave. It just wouldn't be the same without him.

But as it appears, the story isn't over yet as shown one year later when Hook shows up at Emma's front door.

And and a new Wicked villain? Hmmm ... Come here, my pretty!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013