Heck Yeah Moments in Trek

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by SimpleLogic, Oct 3, 2012.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

A great scene

PICARD: Pursuant to paragraph one thousand two hundred and ninety I formally request third party arbitration of our dispute.

SHELIAK: Agreed.

PICARD: And further, pursuant to subsection D, three, I name the Grizzelas to arbitrate.

SHELIAK: Grizzelas?

PICARD: Unfortunately they are currently in their hibernation cycle, but they'll awaken in six months, and then we'll get this matter settled. Now, do you want to wait... or give me my three weeks?

SHELIAK: Absurd. We carry the membership! We can brook no delay!

PICARD: Then I declare the treaty in abeyance!

SHELIAK: Wait! Negotiation is --

PICARD: You're damn right.

WORF: Captain, they are hailing us.

WORF: Sir?

PICARD: On screen.

SHELIAK You may have your three weeks, Picard of the Enterprise.

PICARD: Thank you.

2. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hugh telling "Locutus" off in "I, Borg."

"Resistance is...not...futile."

I especially love the way Hugh seems to have to force himself to say "not", as if he can hardly bring himself to say something that is such an anathema to his entire former worldview.

Worf snapping Weyoun's neck.

Adolescent Spock throwing the Klingons around like ragdolls on the Genesis planet.

The Hirogen hunter tackling his prey - a member of Species 8472.

Picard ramming the Scimitar. "He wants to look me in the eye." And the "Oh, crap" look on Shinzon's face when he realizes what Picard is about to do.

"I cannot defeat this Klingon. I can only kill him, and that no longer holds my interest."

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Almost anything Garak said.

4. Admiral_Sisko

Admiral_Sisko Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

--the entire "Stealing the Enterprise" sequence from The Search for Spock

--Spock slapping the phaser from Valeris' hand in The Undiscovered Country

--Sisko to Dukat: "If you have something to say to me, say it!"

--the dialogue between Sisko and Dukat in Quark's during "Ties of Blood and Water," after a bottle of poisoned kanar was found in Legate Ghemor's quarters:

"What's wrong, Dukat? Are you afraid Ghemor's going to say something that might undermine you cozy new position?

"Tread with care, Captain. You're coming dangerously close to accusing the head of the Cardassian government of attempted murder."

"Is that what I'm doing?"

--Sisko hitting Dukat in the back of the head with a pipe: "And that is why you're not an evil man."

--Sisko a few moments later, as Dukat holds a phaser inches from his face: "Do it!"

5. Ensign Ricky

Ensign Ricky Lieutenant Red Shirt

Seeing an old-style, Constitution-class vessel back in action in "In A Mirror Darkly", and kicking butt.

6. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was awesome. I also loved it when Weyoun drank the poisoned Kanar...the look of incredulity on Dukat's face was hilarious. But that was more of a funny moment than a Heck Yeah.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which of course leads to one of Damar's greatest lines ever (to the next Weyoun) - something about "Maybe you should talk to Worf again." :guffaw:

8. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

A lot of the ones previously mentioned, plus the entire opening cinematic of the game Star Trek: Armada.

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Trek XI: 'Punch it' and Enterprise attacking Narada

TWOK: Kirk's 'Here it comes'

NEM: Scimitar decloaking/'She's a predator'. And the ramming scene.

10. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

1) Four words:

(Great episode)

2) Enterprise-E saving Defiant's little ass from the Borg

3) When Picard refused to surrender to the Klingons by saying, "That'll be the day." (Yesterday's Enterprise)

4) When Chakotay tried to settle down with Janeway after he built her a tub.

11. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

I got quite the chuckle out of the revelation that Damar had made something of a hobby of killing Weyouns.

12. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

Had to admit, I didn't see that coming. There were like only 5 or something ships left in that scene :lol:.

DS9, Soldiers of the Empire--when the Klingon ship turns around and heads back towards the Jem Hadar they spotted.

They're doing this while the crew is singing this warrior song.

Another is Favor The Bold when the Federation fleet is leaving a Starbase to stop the Dominion.

13. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

when the Enterprise hits Kruge's Bird of Prey with a photon torpedo right as it decloaks.

14. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

At the end of BOBW part 1, when Riker said, "Fire..." and we get the "To be continued..." i was like, "F-yeah! Blast the remaining hair off of that proper captain-turned-Borg."

When Worf gently applies the killing blow on Duras just as Picard protests. Its nice when a punk-ass gets what he deserves.

It was a "heck yeah" moment for me in "The Die is Cast" when a romulan personnel said there were 144 Jem'Hadar fighters swarming towards their measly 20 starships. Yes, i was rooting for the Founders.

As a "heck yeah" and, at the same time, "oh shiiiiite" moment, i have to give it to near the end of "The Jem'Hadar" episode. Where a Jem'Hadar attack fighter rammed the USS Odyssey (Galaxy-class). That was an awesome moment which gave a hint on how the Dominion War would be. Epic!

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

yeah, it's implied that Damar was responsible for the 'accident' that killed Weyoun 5, isn't it?

16. Revolution

Revolution Ensign Red Shirt

When the Enterprise surfaces below the Reliant in TWOK.

17. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The one good line Wesley has in the entire run, which almost makes up for "I'm with Starfleet, we don't lie."
    From Sarek: To Geordi: "At least I don't have to get my women on the holodeck!"

18. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lore: [to Wesley] The troublesome little manchild... Are you prepared for the kind of death you've earned, little man?

Then the heck yeah moment was ruined by Beverly entering the room. So close. ;)

19. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Fixed it for you.

There's also a little Heck Yeah/Oh Shit moment when the Defiant decloaks in front of the SS Xhosa when it was revealed that Cassidy Yates had been suppiling the Maquis in "For the Cause".

Cassidy: "Oh my God...!"

And then Sisko and a security squad beam onto her bridge. I almost wanted Sisko so say something like "Hi honey."

Cut to later as Eddington shoots Kira. Course, by then we saw it coming.

20. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    Come on man - when the Klingon Birds-of-Prey decloak surrounding the Romulan Warbirds in "The Defector". The ultimate.