Plan a Halloween Movie Marathon

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Maestro, Oct 10, 2009.

1. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

What, no mention of The Howling or The Fog (original)? or Fright Night for that matter...

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Didn't like them all that much I'm afraid.

3. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

Ok, Fright Night IS a bit on the contemporary side, but the other two are classics from the "2nd Golden Age" of Horror (the 70s-early 80s).

Another modern classic is "Vampire in Brooklyn". VERY well done.

On the comedy side, I'd 2nd Ghostbusters and add Love at First Bite and the Elvira movie.

If you wanted to throw in some animation, the first two "monsters are real" Scooby Doo movies (Zombie Island and Witch's Ghost) are excellent.

For intermissions, try eps of The Real Ghostbusters.

4. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I hadn't considered Star Trek: First Contact, but that's essentially a vampire movie, so it's certainly a possibility.

I have a new principal this year with a very dry sense of humor and a very stoic disposition. Kids and staff really struggle with interacting with him, although I've made a point to try to punch through his exterior. I was complaining to him the other morning that I couldn't find any of the old 20s and 30s classics at Wal-Mart or K-Mart. You'd expect to see them in a bargain bin. His response, "Turn the channel to TCM. Then DVR away." Great advice.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Those films are usually in the slim packs next to the cashier stations - well at least they are at mine.