Kick-Ass 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics. ect.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, May 24, 2012.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just once I'd like to see a movie poster where the actor's names are actually line up with where they're posed on the cover. Yeah, I know, silly complaint, and I understand the reasons related to actor contracts and all that crap. But it looks stupid to have Jim Carrey on the far left and his name on the far right.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. It is a pretty cool poster otherwise.

2. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I so much want to see this. The first one was a riot. :lol:

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's bugged me for a while too.
    Other than that it's a great poster.

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Jim Carrey tweeted the following about the movie:

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if this means he won't do any promotional stuff for the movie?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah it would seem after those tweets that I doubt we'll see him do any press junkets for this film now.

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Fair enough I guess for Jim though I assume any future money he might make from the project he won't accept or donate?

8. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

He got what he really wanted. Universal is producing Dumb & Dumber To for him.

9. Admiral_Young

10. Admiral James Kirk

As far as I'm concerned Jim Carrey is an asshole!

I'm not talking about his personal politics! I don't care about that! What I'm talking about it his drawing up negative publicity for a movie that a lot of people worked very hard on! He doesn't have to do publicity! He doesn't have to attend the premiere! But he also doesn't have to hurt this movie! It isn't just about his political beliefs! It's bigger than that! This is other people's living! Their careers! He has no right to jeopardize other people's living to make a statement! The classy thing to do was to silently bow out of the publicity of the movie and let the rest of the cast sell the hell out of the thing! But evoking Sandy Hook is going to do nothing but hurt the movie! It's fucking despicable!

But I guess it makes sense. Jim Carrey wanted Universal to make Dumb & Dumber To so he had to do Kick-Ass 2. He got what he wanted so fuck everybody else! Jim Carrey's a selfish-and self-righteous- prick and that's all there is to it!

11. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

The rights to Dumb and Dumber To were still at Warners when Carrey made Kick-Ass 2. It's only recently that Warners decided not to make the sequel and Universal stepped in and picked up the rights. In fact Universal just picked up Dumb and Dumber To in the last few days. It'll be interesting to see whether they hold this against Carrey and pull the plug on it or move ahead regardless.

12. Admiral James Kirk

I know that. He dropped out of the project last year due to problems with Warners. Jim Carrey was very hot to make D&D2. I have no doubt he was negotiating with Universal behind the scenes to acquire the rights. That done, the self-absorbed prick now has no compunctions against hurting Kick-Ass 2 which he clearly saw as nothing more than a necessary evil.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

In truth, I doubt that this will have any significant effect on box office. Aurora didn't hurt Dark Knight Rises.

14. Admiral_Young

It's still bizarre timing on his part. I wonder what Wadlow thinks of all this? His film's biggest star has just seemingly alienated himself from his movie

15. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

It did hurt it somewhat domestically. It was still a huge hit of course, but it did hurt it. That was a much more immediate and impactful situation, though, compared to this one, although Carrey has created a problem for the marketing of the film. The rest of the cast will face some awkward questions when they're doing press for it.

16. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

The timing reeks of trying to sabotage the film. It barely got made in the first place and this isn't going to help it.

Carrey's not stupid...he knew what he was signing up for when he took the role. If he's so opposed to content of the film and he doesn't want to promote it, then he should donate his salary to victims of gun violence. But I'm pretty sure that he won't.

Good luck with your Dumb and Dumber sequel, Jim...a sequel that should have been made 15 years ago. No one gives a fuck about it now.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Of course, I personally feel that I will not be able to support the stupidity of Dumb and Dumber to.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

"Carrey is getting trashed on Yahoo comments. No one is supporting him, everyone is saying he needs to give his paycheck back or give to Sandy Hook families (which we know he won't do). Some people are even saying they hope he doesn't work again."

Carrey is such a moron! Dumb and Dumber would be the perfect way to describe Carrey at this point! :lol:

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

This is just really disappointing to me. I really like Jim Carrey, and have supported most of his movies during his career. I was even really excited to see him in Kick-Ass 2, but now this just kind of stings.

20. Admiral James Kirk

I was actually really excited about DD2 but now... I'm not gonna see it. Hysterical hyperbole aside... This was a dick move. He's hurting a lot of people who are just starting their careers.

I hope D&D2 makes so little money it makes Once Bitten look like a monster hit! :devil: