DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The coloring art in the book for me was so-so and the change in art-style was a bit jarring. I'm glad the issue was good because when the first page named a few different inkers/artists/colorers and what pages they did I was concerned.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

As awesome as Snyder on Superman would be, it's probably for the best that he doesn't. This would mean four different ongoing titles that he would be working on. I wouldn't want him to stretch himself too thin at the cost of one of his other titles, like Johns is doing right now.

4. Admiral_Young

Batman November Solicits.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=47175

Also more Stephanie Brown shenanigans courtesy of Dan Didio...so now Steph doesn't even exist...yet.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/13/stephanie-brown-does-not-exist-yet-dan-didio/

I can't decide if DC has been joking around with us or dicking around. This has to be the most bizarre way to treat fans of a character that I've ever seen a company take before.

Not sure how I missed this...but Keith Griffen was announced as the new writer (after only one issue so far!!!) of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe".

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/0...er-for-he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't get the Stephanie Brown hate (if it is such, the Bleeding Cool article was skeptical). I liked the character and I enjoyed her stint as Batgirl more than I am with Barbara back behind the cowl, I'm sorry to say. Stephanie was a breath of fresh air as Robin and as Batgirl.

I was really looking forward to seeing her in Smallville Season 11, so to find out they are not using her, really sucks.

7. Admiral_Young

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I actually think removing the Jokers face skin was a terrible idea and hope that this mini arc can redeem that. In any case I will soon have my Sideshow Joker in hand and thats all that matters.

9. Admiral_Young

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    So true, especially since come first of the year Aquaman is currently the lone DC book I plan to be getting monthly.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

It's to bad Johns isn't leaving JL.

12. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The book should improve without Jim Lee doing the story plotting behind the scenes.

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I refuse to believe that it is actually Johns writing Justice League. The characterization of Hal and Arthur are so inconsistent with their characterizations in their solo titles, both of which are also written by Johns.

14. Icemizer

Lee should concentrate on the video games and leave the comics to those who are interested in them.

15. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. Admiral_Young

17. Icemizer

Yup thats as bad as I had feared. Nothing about this makes the Joker any more creepy, scary or psycho to me. But I guess the NU52 has to up the anty with all their characters or at least as far as the creators and editors are concerned.

18. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Sigh. Yeah, that doesn't really interest me all that much. But, maybe the story will be better and more interesting than the image. Context is important.

But, yet, again, focusing more on an ever aging audience. It seems they have giving up completely about finding a younger audience that might be lured into reading comics.

19. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not too impressed by the New Look Joker. It won't last anyway. They can't put Staple-Face, Strappy Headed Joker on tee-shirts and lunch boxes.

20. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey everyone, I've recently been reading my way through the various Crises and am interested in starting reading the new 52 comics. I'm wondering if these stories really do provide a decent new starting point for the characters, or if they simply proceed on with the continuing stories (but with new numbers and a few retcons). In short, would I be lost?