Klingons

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by qmithani, Mar 10, 2009.

1. qmithani

qmithani Ensign Red Shirt

I recently heard that there are klingons in the new movie, they don't show them in the trailer, but would their presence make the movie better?

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Apparently they...

(*Spoiler Ahead*)

Capture and imprison Nero after he travels back to the 2230s, meaning we get to see "smooth-head era" Klingons in a pre-TOS timeframe. The question will be...how many will have smooth heads and how many will sport ridges?

3. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Klingons always make a movie better.

But then, I'm speaking primarily as a DS9 fan. So there you go. :p

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..

Especially when their ships get blown to pieces!

5. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Here they are, with their ridiculous S&M masks that could've come out of a TNG episode.

6. cooleddie74

And the masks hint that we'll be getting at least SOME ridged warriors in this movie even if the timeframe in which Nero is captured and imprisoned happens during the pre-TOS "smoothie era."

7. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

:hugegrin: YAAYYY I like pwetty esplosions!:lol:

8. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

I don't know, they may still be ''ridgeless'' And the hellmets they have on cover that fact up!? I mean a Klingon's head is TOUGH enough as ''is'' I dont see why they would need to have masks in the first place?

9. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Well, only if they take a couple of Cardassian ships with 'em and go out in a blaze of glory. You know...die in glorious battle and all that. ;)

But hey...thanks to Martok, I'll always have a place in my heart for the Klingons. Maybe I should have phrased it differently: Martok always makes a movie (or episode, or show, for that matter) better. :techman:

10. qmithani

I agree Martok is an honourable Klingon, I really liked the part in DS9, when worf killed gowron, making Martok the chancellor.:klingon:

11. cooleddie74

I keep getting told that the smooth canon will be respected in this timeframe and we'll see the results of the Levodian flu virus mutation/Augment DNA from the Archer era carry over into this movie...but then I see costumes like this and it makes me wonder how many Klingons will be the ones most people WANT to see(ridged, more alien and badass). Abrams appears to be making this movie to appeal to the most people possible, after all.

12. Thor Damar

That I do agree with! If only they made a DS9 movie, oh well.

13. cooleddie74

There's always hope of fan films with Nana Visitor, Cirroc Lofton and/or others participating...or straight-to-DVD or Internet projects.

14. Disco Bones

Disco Bones Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hmmm....

"Any suggestions, Admiral?"
    "Prayer, Mr. Saavik; Klingons don't take prisoners."

I guess they kept him so they can coax the secrets of his ship out of him?

15. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perception and reality aren't always one, nor should we assume when a character speaks they are delivering an objective truth rather then an opinion.

We've seen Klingon's take prisoners/hostages before to reach an end Star Trek III.

Sharr

16. cooleddie74

Besides, wasn't an early draft of TWOK supposed to have Romulans in the Kobayashi Maru simulation test? That's why "the Neutral Zone" is in the final edit of the movie and we had to have an all-new "Klingon Neutral Zone" invented to explain it. The script changed to allow for cheaper TMP stock footage of Klingon ships to be reused instead of expensive, all-new optics of a Romulan ship or squadron of ships.

17. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh and I like the helmets just the fact a soldier/warrior class is wearing protective gear is different - sure Klingon's want to die a glorious death, but even the Samurai they were later remodeled upon wore armor and helmets.

Sharr

18. qmithani

I read that by the 25th century, the klingons will join the Federation, is that possible, with them considering the federation as weaklings.

19. Thor Damar

They might have had no choice as the Feds has had to keep the Klingon Empire afloat for so long over the decades that they may have forced them to join. Either that or the Warrior caste was overthrown...

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

If the Dominion War would not change that perception I don't know what would. I like to think those preconceptions died with Gowron mostly.