POLL: Best X-men movie?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Nov 20, 2008.

?

Best X-men movie?

1. X-Men

14.3%
  2. X-Men 2

77.4%
  3. X-Men 3

8.3%
  1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I voted X2. I was disappointed when I found out Singer wouldn't be doing X3 and the curse of the threequel struck the promising series.

2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Easily the second. Of the three, it's the definitely the one that's the most in the groove. Everything about it is far more confident than the first, which was solid but smaller and a bit rough around the edges.

The third is a turd. There are good scenes in there, but all put together the final product is just bad.

3. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

X men 2 by a good margin. The best bit about XMen 3 was that the Beast was finally there.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'm going to go with the first film. Thought it was a nice realization of the concept in semi-believable terms. Love the ending with Logan driving off. I've probably watched it more times than X-2 (actually, I may have only seen the sequel once). The third film is easily the worst of the pile, though, no question.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Another vote for X2.

6. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

X3 by far

7. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

X2 was definitely the best of the series. X-Men felt too rushed, while The Last Stand took the great jumping-off point left by X2 and squandered it. About the only thing Last Stand has going for it is Kelsey Grammer, and even he felt under-utilized.

X2 had a great cast, a really solid script, and did a fantastic job of expanding on the characters established in X-Men, while also introducing some new ones (particularly Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler).

8. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is no contest. X-2 was light years ahead of the other two.

9. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

x2 no question. x3 was supposed to be the high point but brett ratner and zak penn made sure that didn't happen. it takes talent to turn 2 of the most engaging story lines in x-men history and turn it into... that.

i just hope x-men first class (being written by a guy who does teen dramas) doesn't turn into x-men 90210. >_<

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

X-Men 2 by a wide margin.

11. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

X2, definitely. My favourite review of the film comes from Mark Millar, who I think described it as like a Swiss watch of a movie, everything in it running perfectly.

12. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

I would say: None of the Above.

Why? Because they got it wrong from the very start. And more recent news indicates they have realized this, considering the successes of Marvel Studios' first two forays into films that adhere closer to the source material. I hope they have finally realized if you don't tinker with the concept as much as Bryan Singer did, you actually get a more appealing and successful film adaptation. You don't ditch the costumes and you don't cherry pick the characters you are using if you are starting up a franchise as it muddies up your later adaptations. I really hope this latest news indicates they plan on rebooting the franchise ala Batman Begins and will use the real original X-Men of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast and Iceman.

13. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

X2, no doubt.

It completely captures all the best elements of the X-Men. However while the budget was lower, the first film was still a good and humble begining to gear you up for part 2. Besides Kelsey Grammar as Beast(perfect casting), X3 falls short on so many levels.

14. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

You know, I'm guessing that this is in response to the comments in the X4 thread. I don't really see what the point is of having a poll to indicate what everyone already knows: simply that more people prefer X2. Does that mean I should admit that I'm wrong and start disliking X3? I think not. Different people have different tastes, and the fact is, you can't objectively prove that one movie is bad, or that it's artistically worse than any other. Some people hate Armageddon, for instance, but a lot of people love it. You won't find any consensus there. I, personally, think that X3 satisfied exactly what I'm looking for in a superhero movie (and not just in the action), and if everyone else in the world thought it was crap, I would still choose it over X2 any day. Why can't we just agree to disagree?

15. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

Yes, quite right. Also X3 did what it was suppose to do, get to the point, it continues from the themes of X1 and X2, the whole 'there is a mutant war' coming, and the cure

16. RookieBatman

While I am on your side and all, at this point I think there's just no point in arguing the merits of either movie. Didn't X3 come out like two years ago? I'm sure that since then, proponents have argued in favor of it over X2 very logically and passionately, and the proponents of X2 have responded in kind, but nobody's mind has been changed. I don't think this time will yield any different results. So, we've got our copies of X3, they've got their copies of X2, let's just let each other alone, and not try to spoil the other person's movie, deal?

17. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

But when are they going to releaes X3 two disc special edition on dvd?

18. RookieBatman

Yeah, I'd definitely go for that too. I thought they already have some kind of special-edition-bunch-of-features kind of thing, though?

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

There is, and there isn't.

X3 had two DVD releases when it was launched - one intentional the other unintentional. There was a 2 disc version released; however, two versions of it (and you didn't know which version you had until after the fact). One version had all of the features expected, but only a handful of bonus features (deleted scenes, documentaries, etc.). There were a few released by accident with the full deleted scenes, documentaries, etc. Now the limited version is available with the one including all of the deleted scenes is extremely rare. I was lucky and got a copy with all the deleted scenes.

20. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

This is an easy one. X2 by a huge margin.