The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah that's pretty much been their policy, which sucks. I'm really impressed with the "Batman Begins" figure and "The Dark Knight Rises" Bruce Wayne figure with the gray hair :) All that needs is the magic brace and rope accessories ;)

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'm a little surprised that all three don't have plastic or fabric capes, but if these are special, exclusive repacks of older molds that first came out when the movies were new I can understand the differences.

3. Admiral_Young

Yeah. They look like exclusive re-releases since some have new sculpts (The Dark Knight Rises one) and a cloth cape for the TDK one. My chance to finally rectify a wrong on my part!!

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The Begins version is the only one that's a straight up re-release (besides paint.) The original TDK version had a plastic cape and a different head. The same figure was also re-released in the TDKR Movie Masters line, much to the chagrin of collectors that already had it. The TDKR version in this set uses the same body as the TDK version, but obviously with the unmasked head, and different paint.

5. cooleddie74

Ah, okay. I was wondering how the three figures broke down in origin. These days toy exclusives for retailers tend to contain a lot of straight repacks and repaints with a few tweaks, just enough to make them different enough to buy.

6. OdoWanKenobi

[​IMG]

Hot Toys Thor is in the house!

The good: The sculpt and outfit are spot on. Mjolnir is real metal
    The bad: The outfit really restricts the articulation. His shoulders have no forward movement at all.

Still , I'm mostly happy with him. It's certainly the best looking Thor figure anyone has ever made.

7. cooleddie74

Gorgeous!

And if you ever for some reason get tired of Thor you can turn him into George Kirk. :)

8. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow. He looks good.

Part 4 of The Guests in Hawkeye's Nest:

Mama Bird arrives, and The Avengers learn that Loki stole the eggs and put them in Clint's nest. Mama wasn't happy, but glad they took care of the babies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loki gets squished by mad Mama. Hulk finds it hilarious. "Big Bird squish puny god!" :lol:

[​IMG]

Clint is sad to have an empty nest again, but the babies aren't going too far. Mama and babies will stay in his birdhouse for a while...and Loki is ordered to clean up their messes as punishment. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for St. Patrick's Day. :p

9. cooleddie74

Sam Jackson always did like the chicks.

10. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know. Thor's left arm looks a little short...

11. cooleddie74

....for a Stormtrooper?

Okay, you have to admit you did walk right into that one, and this is one of the geekiest threads in existence. ;)

12. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL

TK 421, why aren't you at your post...?

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    New Purchases.

14. OdoWanKenobi

That's a trick of perspective. His right arm is bent slightly towards the foreground, while the left arm is slightly back.

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i picked up Marvel Legends Iron Man Classic Armor today. really nice figure. i always liked the 60s pointed mask design. the Iron Patriot from this line looks really sweet too, might pick him up next week.

16. Admiral_Young

Marvel Select is doing "The Wolverine" line, so we are indeed getting figures for the film. I'm not familiar with Marvel Select's reputation at all so I don't know how excited people will be for these. I'll post the link a little later...if I can find it again.

Here they are...

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=15880

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  17. cooleddie74

It seems the Toys 'R' Us-exclusive Endor AT-AT Walker in Vintage Collection packaging is still lost in domestic limbo after places like Canada have already gotten it, with original plans that it would surface at U.S. retail by now obviously fizzling and no concrete announcement that it's about to be released.

In the meantime, almost nothing new shows up in stores and what little 2013 product there is is pretty unpopular with most collectors.

18. Admiral_Young

I believe I saw that on display when I was last in TRU...which would have been about a week and a half ago now. Looked pretty cool too. They had a bunch of them in stock too from my quick glance at it.

19. cooleddie74

Some American TRU stores still have a few of the 2010 blue-boxed (”Shadows of the Dark Side”) Hoth Walkers that came with a repack of the Legacy Collection AT-AT Driver figure as well as a Speeder Bike you could plug into the belly of the vehicle, and that version is pretty gorgeous. With rising labor costs and retail prices the new Endor Walker in Vintage packaging doesn't come with bonus extras but the packaging looks much cooler.

20. cooleddie74

^
    Scratch that. The Endor AT-AT does come with the Speeder Bike and Driver figure, only this time the figure has been repainted with black gloves to create a unique variation to differ from all the Hoth/ESB versions made over the years.