Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarTrek1701, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Riker

Tom Riker Lieutenant

I love you

:guffaw:

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I love the synopsis. Yeah it is vague but it does still sound like it is going to be good.

3. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate to say this but this synopsis reminds me a lot of the third season of Enterprise.

Detonate the fleet? It was one thing to wipe out Vulcan but the entire fleet? That's overkill. Then again, just about every Starfleet ship that popped up on the original series was either destroyed or heavily damaged.

I hope we get some classical Trek elements to go with what seems like another action/revenge film. Still, I'll reserve judgment. I loved the last Star Trek film and it seems like this movie will focus more on Kirk with the crew. So we'll see what happens.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

It won't. Hollywood is making too much $$$ off empty, dimbulb action flicks to change the formula. Some of them are a bit less dumb that average - Star Trek's at the upper end of that continuum - but this movie is going to be the usual simplistic "our heroes fight the dangerous villain who is easy to explain to the audience" approach that offers the best chance at big box office.

That's why I've been saying it's gonna be Gary Mitchell and not Khan for a while now. Mitchell is easy and quick to explain to the uninitiated, Khan not so much if you have to start from scratch with no revenge plot set up by TV. I don't care which one we see personally and I know why Khan is a non-starter, so I'm not going to stress about any of this.

If you want smart Trek, pray for a return to TV, ideally cable or maybe Netflix if Moonves is feeling adventurous, but the level of intelligence we've seen lately in the movies is as good as its going to get. In fact, I expect less intelligence and more action now that the backstory setup is out of the way.

5. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

"Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

For comparison, this is the original paramount plot synopsis for the first film:

7. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Sounds just like Attack of the Clones.

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

The motives sound more like Mitchell than Khan....Khan wasn't part of Starfleet and he didn't turn on anyone. Garth of Izar also sounds like a potential villain, or even Ben Finney, but Khan? I see nothing of him in the synopsis at all.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

A "one man weapon of mass destruction" could be Khan, especially if you consider that this war zone of a planet is Ceti Alpha V.

This synposis has got me wondering about Peter Weller's character, who early details described as a CEO type with his own starship. Could he be this renegade officer that detonates the fleet? And could that be Starfleet's Chief of Staff (or Commander Starfleet as the title was in Trek III)? That would certainly make him a CEO type and explain why he has his own starship.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Peter Weller would make a helluva Garth of Izar..

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm.. if it is Gary Mitchell, and he trys to destroy/takeover Starfleet.. sounds like something he tryed to do in another little Star Trek movie (cough, cough)I know, just like destroying Vulcan.. LOL

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Khan was tough, but hardly a "weapon". It didn't say one man with weapons of mass destruction.

Weller makes me wonder if Colonel Green hands off his legacy to someone in Starfleet...but I still feel Mitchell makes the best fit so far.

RAMA

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

It's too bad they never made a ST film called "First Contact".

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Khan could be a weapon, if looked at from a certain point of view. If there were one man who could be considered a weapon, that would certainly be a genetically enhanced superman.

15. teacake

See it is just like Star Wars.

Let's merge all the top threads in this forum into one!

16. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

But if I do that, it'll create a vacuum. By tomorrow morning, there could be 17 new threads about Abrams' monomaniacal obsession with secrecy being detrimental to the movie's box-office success.

17. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Charlie Evans? Dave Bailey returns, commanding the Fesarius after Starfleet forgot about him? Trelane doesn't make "an error in time" for once? Three words: Harcourt Fenton Mudd?

18. teacake

JJ's secrecy creates a vacuum of information and the same vacuum breeds threads about JJ's secrecy.

FOREVER IT SHALL NEVER DIE.

19. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Nooooo! I hope he stays until the end of this movie series to watch over the crew. It's good to have a recurring character in the movies instead of some random Admiral of the year.

As for Weller, I think he'll be the head of Section 31. Cumberbatch could be some S31 experiment gone wronge and rogue.

20. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Pike is part of the spaceilluminat( we don't know what the heck it is) according too the ongoing comic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.