Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do remember a build up. Lois and Clark was even being talked about in school...lol.

2. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

the movie looks it might be a winer:)

3. Admiral_Young

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

5. Admiral_Young

^ I don't think Kevin Costner's part was meant to be a big one anyway to be honest Jet. That's very interesting. Once again the Africa plot seems to be adapted from "Birthright". I like the production title for the movie if that is what it is :)

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

'To attain an assassin'? Wouldn't a real production sheet at lease use proper English?

7. Admiral_Young

^ Not if it is a draft of the production sheet ;)

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

"principle" photography... :rommie:

Now, if it were principled photography, that might work.

9. Captaindemotion

^ Don't you just hate expedient, unprincipled photpgraphy?

10. Admiral_Young

Indeed. Fake or not it was still interesting. The Africa plot from "Birthright" keeps being very consistent. I suspect we are a few weeks away from some actual news about "Man of Steel" as we march closer towards the start of production.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Must Michael Bay be brought into every topic?

12. Captaindemotion

^ Hehe, good call.

13. Captaindemotion

14. Admiral_Young

I love the out of the box casting this movie has. I've been a big Julia Ormond fan since I was a kid. :)

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The casting for this film has been pretty epic.

16. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I rewatched Watchmen a couple nights ago. I didn't need that refresher. I'm really worried now. It's such an unnecessarily violent movie and seems to fetishize every drop of blood, every blown off finger, every broken bone. Every action scene is done in showy slow motion. The style that so complemented an insane piece of Frank Miller trash like 300 is so thoroughly inappropriate for Watchmen and indicates that Zack Snyder totally missed the point of Alan Moore's writing. Hell, he even seems to play Hollis Mason's death for laughs!:mad:

Snyder better not fuck up Superman! (And if he does, he better fuck it up in an unexpected way!)

Personally, I'm more concerned about the recurring, retroactively incestuous relationship between Martha Kent & a previous Superman. First you have Annette O'Toole going from Lana Lang in Superman III to Martha Kent on Smallville. Now we have Diane Lane, who previously played George Reeves' mistress in Hollywoodland.

As for who was the better Robin Hood, I actually prefer the Russell Crowe version. That movie gets a lot better on repeat viewing and I think the added scenes in the extended cut don't hurt either. I'm still crossing my fingers hoping that international/home video sales will be enough to pay for a sequel.

Of course, I've only seen Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves once, but I was not impressed at all.

I would frequently grant that that's the case, although I wouldn't say so for the Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh movies. Granted, I think that if she knew, she would be more apt to see Clark's good qualities but I just don't think that Clark on his own has anything to catch Lois' attention.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Most recently I enjoyed 'Sucker Punch' so I am not worried about Snyder. :shrug:

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've liked what I've seen of Snyder's work, particularly Watchmen, so I'm not concerned in that regard.

Being particularly faithful to the comic source material has not worked out as well for DC in the last decade, it seems, as giving the assignment over to someone with a strong POV and style has. So they may as well...

19. Admiral_Young

Nolan himself has been working on the scripts reported problems so I'm not worried about the story or characters. As for Snyder, I acknowledge he isn't everyone's cup of tea but hopefully this film will surprise people about him. The casting would indicate to me that he is at least working really hard to differ from all previous incarnations of Superman on film as he stated. We'll find out next winter if this film is able to execute of course. Right now though I'm extremely excited about how things are progressing.

20. Captaindemotion

^ Yes, this cast is highly impressive - I'm reminded of all the pleasant surprises that the announcements for Iron Man or Batman Begins used to bring.