‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Thanks Captaindemotion.
    However there is another then vs now image floating around. With the Adam West suit... dun dun dun.
    [​IMG]

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not a fan of the direction that DC is taking their cinematic universe, but they are damn fine at designing costumes. I can't fault them for that.

3. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they're not going to go with the original origin of Green K, I think a simpler explanation would be just to say it was a byproduct of the attempted terraforming, and can be extracted from the geology surrounding the busted up World Engine.

4. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

That would work.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah that's true. They were attempting to turn Earth into Krypton after all, so it's possible there was enough time for at least some kryptonite to form under the surface.

It would definitely be a very clever and simple solution... which means it's probably not what we're going to get. Lol

6. M.A.C.O.

Idk if Brian Azzerello and Cliff Chiang were in on what Gal Gadot's costume would look like, but take a lot at this image from New 52 WW #33
    [​IMG]

7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The costume really isn't anything like Gadot's. Hippolyta was turned into clay a long while ago. Her body was just reanimated in that pic, but its still clay, so that's why she's a reddish brown. There is no way its even slightly related to Gadot's completely different (in both design and color) costume. It's just a kind of generic amazonish style they've used since the beginning (she had the costume in issue 1, long before Gadot was even cast, I think), but this time the woman happens to now be living clay.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Are you sure you linked the right image?

9. M.A.C.O.

Well the greaves and striations on the chest armor resemble the pattern on Gadot's armor. The skirts are different sure and you can only reinvent the tiara so many different ways.

I'm sure. Here's a link.
    http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/2014/07/weekly_wonder_woman_wonder_woman_33_batman_and_rob.php

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

If the costumes are similar, its just that the style is kind of generic. Hippolyta had the same clothes in the current WW run before even Man of Steel came out, so its definitely not based off of Gadot's costume, and I'd say that Gadot's costume wasn't based off of it. Its just a generic ancient greek-like Amazon style costume, no connection between the movie and comic.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

12. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

I thought they took inspiration from Xena more.

13. M.A.C.O.

^ Naw. The only similarities between Gadot's and Lawless' suits are they are both brown. Xena's looks busy by comparison.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Kelthaz

You can't be serious? The two costumes are almost identical.

15. M.A.C.O.

[​IMG]

Not really. They are both brown and have all the other attributes of Greek/Roman armor (greaves, chest armor, wrist guards and skirt), but outside of that Xena's costume has a lot more going on with it (extra accessories and what not).

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm not seeing the comparison either. They both have the same vaguely Greek/Roman feel, and a few similar accessories (gauntlets, chest armor, armored boots), but the design of each of those elements are all very different.

17. Kelthaz

Within a second of first seeing the new Wonder Woman costume I went "Hey, that's Xena!". I'm really surprised that you two don't see it.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

The look similar because they're riffing on the same source.

19. M.A.C.O.

Rosamund Pike as Queen Andromeda had a similar style armor. The Greeco-Roman armor all have the same set of gear. The aesthetic of the armor changes depending who is the series /movie it appears in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Xena's is the most extravagent since it includes those silver designs on the leather and silver pins on the leather skirt.

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exactly.

Also, it looks like WW is going strapless, as she was in the beginning.