Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I'm the same way. I'm going to need glasses soon.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Well, it's been six weeks since I received their answer from my initial question asking about American pre-order subscriptions.

I sent a follow-up email on Sunday to see if they got their database in order and, so far, have received no response. I find this odd, as they answered me quickly the first time I sent out an inquiry and were quite up front and truthful regarding their technical issues.

Has anyone who pre-ordered in America heard from them, either from a person or via an automated order confirmation?

3. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^I did receive an automated order confirmation from them after I pre-ordered a few weeks ago. Their facebook seems to show them going to a bunch of conventions to show off their product, they may just be too busy to respond. Their North American launch is supposed to be the beginning of October; I'd send them another email during September. If that one goes ignored, then it might be time to worry.

If you are on Facebook or Google+, you may want to send them a message through there.

4. 137th Gebirg

I don't have Facebook, but I do have Google+. Do you happen to know what their address is on that site?

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

According to the facebook, the release is the 21st August for the UK with as yet unnamed Autumn date for the USA.

6. 137th Gebirg

It took a couple days, but I did eventually get an answer and a very favorable one, at that:
    Good news indeed, and very encouraging!

I would recommend anyone else who is concerned that they haven't gotten a confirmation email to drop them a line. Again, their address is startrek-ships(at)eaglemoss-service(dot)com (address adjusted to hopefully mitigate spam-bots).

Full speed ahead! :)

7. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. I got my confirmation email within seconds (or a minute or so) after ordering. So I must've ordered before their technical difficulties.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Haven't heard much from them in a while, but I was one of the original subscribers. The last e-mail said as I had pre-ordered I would be getting an bonus gift.

9. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I sent them an email asking about getting a subscription number and they replied that they will be sending it to me in another email closer to US release.

10. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

Seems to be out in the UK now, picked up issue 1 today.

Nice model, only had a quick flick through the mag. Was rather pleased to see that the first character whose picture you see in the mag is not Picard, or Kirk, or Janeway or whoever...but Ro. That's awesome. :bolian:

11. 137th Gebirg

Good news! We'll hopefully be seeing them in the 'States soon.

12. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

Oh man, I can't wait! I've been looking in the mailbox every day for the past week or so going "maybe today? Dang!"

13. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Had the 1st issue loving it but £240 a year is expensive and the magazine is only 18 pages long. But I'm nor moaning to much the the die cast model is pretty good better than jonny lightning or futura ships ?? IMO anyway.[​IMG]

I've decided to choose and pick which ones i want !!! But might even subscribe yet as well waiting for issue 2 see what the movie E looks like ???

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

You might not be able to that, a lot of Newsagents stop getting part works after issue 6 or 8. As it then goes from Sale or return to firm sale only.

15. Nero's Shadow

I've just got my USS Yamoto made by jonny lighting on the left and the new magazine die cast model to the right I assumed that both would be the same size but as you can see they are not. [​IMG]

16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

SO the question then becomes which do you prefer?

17. 137th Gebirg

Based on what I can see here, the bigger version that comes with the magazine appears to be better built, more detailed, possibly more accurate and...well...bigger! :)

Really liking the aztecking and decals they put on it. Seems to be a visible step-up to me.

18. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi, just bought the magazine for my son. Have to say the model is brilliant!!! Nice detail on it. Hopefully the rest will be as good.

The magazine's quite a good read too.

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I just wish the magazine had a little more.

20. Nero's Shadow

As they say the bigger the better !!! Very happy indeed the magazine die cast is very good saying that on the bottom of the stand it says 4030 so I'm assuming that is the build number but I bet there are some that have missed the quality check ??? You always get that !! But we will see can't wait for the 2nd issue !!! :klingon: