Doctor Who: Who is the Doctor?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by USS Fardell, Dec 30, 2007.

1. USS Fardell

USS Fardell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Doctor Who: Who is the Doctor?
    The Thoughts about the Doctor by various characters.

1. Last of the Time Lords
    Lucy Saxon
    The Doctor, he is clearly of the same race as of Har.., no, the Master. Who does he think he is, even though he may or may not be the only other 'Time Lord of Gallifrey' in existence, to imprison him in the TARDIS. (How would he be able to repair it anyway...). Who are you Doctor, that you want to spare your enemy? Who are you that you think you can take action on behalf of a civilisation that no longer exists? Though you think you have won, you will still lose! Goodbye Harold...
    The report of the gun is heard on the bridge of the Valiant, the Doctor is then heard urging the Master to survive.
    "Just one bullet. You can do it"
    "No!"
    "Regenerate!" the Doctor cries out.
    The Master cries out defiantly and dies. The Doctor cries over his body.

2. USS Fardell

Any comments?

3. Borg451

Borg451 Captain

cool. but most people on this board are too retarded to appreciate your work.

will post a paragraph myslef if i come up with and intresting angle..

4. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

I don't know about that Borg, me personally I've just never seen any of the doctor who shows. I'd like to, just haven't had the chance.

5. USS Fardell

2. The Sound of Drums
    Martha Jones
    We are standing on the tarmac as the President of the United States meets the Master. We watch as they meet, hidden by our perception filter keys. Jack, the Doctor and I, the only one's who can save the world from him, and these Toclafane that he is talking about. I can't even imagine what the Doctor is thinking. But why, Doctor, why do you think that the Master is your responsibility? Sure he is the only other Time Lord in existance, that you and the Face of Boe know of, possibly the only other survivor of the Time War, what are you thinking Doctor?

6. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Je ne sais pas.

7. USS Fardell

3. Utopia
    Chantho
    Chan the Doctor, who is he tho?
    Chan how did he arrive on this planet tho? Chan how did he and his companions survive the futurekind tho?
    Chan Professor Yana has started acting strange since he arrived tho!
    Chan I need to look after him tho. Chan he needs to focus so the ship will work and the humans get to Utopia tho.

8. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awww, how nice of you! As one of those 'retarded' people who frequents this board, I'm flattered that you noticed.

As for Fardell, you're after some interesting insights with the characters, but I'm not really seeing anything here that wasn't implied or said outright in the episode. This is the Doctor's greatest nemesis, far more so than the Daleks or the Cybermen... his conflict with the Master is intensely personal.

Let us see some of that history, some of what drives the Master to confront and betray the Doctor every time they meet.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  9. Starhawk

Starhawk Lieutenant Red Shirt

Personally, I have been a fan of Dr. Who for decades. Mostly, Tom Baker and now David Tennant. Some of the others, ie Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker, kind of spoiled Whodom for me, but I am back and loving David. He has the quirkiness down pat with those wide eyes and crazed look about him. I will also admit to having mad crushes on some of the companions along the way, most recently Freema Agyeman. Catherine Tate'e character is driving me a bit batty at the moment though. I hope Freema comes back soon.

10. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Je ne sais pas.

11. USS Fardell

4. The Forest of the Dead
    CAL
    Who is this Doctor whom has saved my Library and myself? I can read every book in the Library, but they do not have information on what his motivation is, or more importantly, who he is!
    Who are you Doctor? Who are you? You are more than the 'Oncoming Storm' the bringer of death and destruction of the myths and legends from thousands of worlds.
    I know who you travelled with, Donna Noble. I know who she is and what her fate is.
    River Song is not very forthcoming when I ask her about you. She keeps the information to herself, saying that very few people should know the Doctor's real identity. She may be right. That still doesn't mean I cannot ask the question. Who are you?

12. USS Fardell

Any Comments, questions etc?

13. Kirk1980

Kirk1980 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I am a Doctor WHO fan but I am afraid you'll have to go back to the classic series before I'd be able to offer any interesting insights.

Seems alright, although the tone of both of your entries seems to be about the same. Maybe the characters were alike, just some constructive criticism:)

14. USS Fardell

6. Journey's End
    Wilfred
    Who are you Doctor? What was so horrifying that Donna had to forget about you entirely? Something more terrifying than those 'Daleks? That is something that I don't like to contemplate. But still I ask, Who are you?

15. USS Fardell

7. The Stolen Earth
    Harriet Jones
    The Daleks are coming. I hope that the message that we are sending gets through to you Doctor. I have always wondered, though Doctor. Who are you? Why is it that you go around meddeling with other's affairs? What happened to make you do this?

8. Turn Left
    Donna Noble (Alternate)
    The Doctor. Who is he that the Earth needs him? Who is this man who has apparently become indispensible to the universe itself? Who are you Doctor that you have apparently become the hero that humanity does not know about.

9. The Next Doctor
    Jackson Lake
    I step into the real Doctor's TARDIS, which I realise stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space, although I don't truely understand what that means. I look around, at the large space that fits into the small box. More incredible than anything else that I have seen since my first encounter with the Cybermen. I move towards the console, the memories, his memories, that it brings up being both joyous and sad. I realise that the Doctor is the last of his kind. His civilisation is lost? Was it destroyed? By those Daleks he mentioned? Who is he that he continues to journey after loosing so much? The TARDIS seems to be lonely with him. It too is the last of its kind. Its sadness is giving me a headache. I have to go. I decide to invite him to Christmas Dinner. He needs the company...

16. USS Fardell

10. Midnight
    The Hostess
    Who is this Doctor? Why is the creaturre inside Miss Sylvestry only copying his words?
    Who is he to be bossing us about?
    "...because I'm Clever!" he says, as well as the creature inside Miss Sylvestry...
    "What does that make us then. Idiots?" the Professor says.
    "No..." he and the creature say.
    Why won't you say your name 'Doctor'? Why did you have to give your name as 'John Smith'? Who are you that you will not reveal your real name?

17. USS Fardell

11. Silence in the Library
    Strackman Lux
    Who is this 'Doctor' who has come to The Library ahead of my expedition? What does he know? Does he know of CAL? What does Doctor Song know about him? I ask, but she refuses to answer. Who is he and what does he know of this 'Vashta Nerada'?

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting...I think the best one you wrote is Jackson Lake. I think you should do one for the Eleventh Doctor RIGHT after his regeneration from the Tenth. Who am I? I'm the Doctor! You should also do one for the Master. Who is the Doctor? Ooooh I know the Doctor better than he knows himself! Sarah Jane and Rose need to be included in as well.

19. USS Fardell

12. The Doctor's Daughter
    General Cobb
    Who is this mysterious 'Doctor'? Is he working with the Hath? How is it that a soldier cloned from him could turn against us? The person who he was with doesn't seem to know him very well either. Who are you Doctor that your companions do not know what is down inside?

13. The Poison Sky
    General Staal
    I look at the Doctor as he makes his ultimatum. "Give up or be destroyed" he says. Who are you Doctor that you would sacrifice yourself for the Earth?

14. The Planet of the Ood
    Ood Sigma
    I look at the Doctor as he and Donna go into the blue box. I wonder who he is that he travels so far and wide. Stories about him form a song throughout the history of the galaxies, and yet the stories do not tell who he is. Who are you Doctor?

15. The Fires of Pompeii

Evelina
    I watch as the Doctor's Temple-Ship disappears as mysteriously as it appeared in our house down in the doomed city. Who is he that he travels about in such a magical thing? Why does he travel? What motivates him? What I sensed earlier before the eruption was layers and layers of mystery. What are those mysteries, Doctor? What are they hiding?

16. Partners in Crime
    Miss Foster
    Who are you Doctor, to be meddling in the Adipose's business? What is your motivation for this? Why are you protecting this planet? Who are you?

17. Voyage of the Damned
    Astrid
    The Doctor. He is wonderful. But who is he? How is it that he is able to help us in this situation? What motivates him? And more importantly, what is he running from?

18. 42
    Kath McDonnell
    Who are you Doctor? How did you appear on our ship while it is falling into a star? What do you know of what is affecting Korwin? How do you know that he is gone? And most importantly; why are you here?

19. The Lazarus Experiment
    Tish Jones
    Who is this 'Doctor' person who Martha has become involved with? How is it that Martha has fallen under his spell as it were? How did he know how to defeat Professor Lazarus? What sort of things has Mum been told? Who are you Doctor?

20. Evolution of the Daleks

Dalek Sec
    Who is the Doctor? What is his motivation that he has always opposed the plans of the Daleks? How is it that he continues to travel after loosing Gallifrey? Who are you Doctor?

21. Planet of the Dead
    Christina de Souza
    As I look back at London as I fly away I reflect on the unexpected adventure on the other planet. I wonder why the Doctor did not let me join him. Is it because of what I do? Or is it because he doesn't want anyone travelling with him? Has he lost anyone? I think he is lonely and needs someone to be travelling with him. But why doesn't he know this? Is it because he has lost someone who meant a great deal to him? Someone he loved? If so, what was the circumstance? Why do you want to be alone Doctor?

20. USS Fardell

22. Gridlock
    Brannigan
    Brannigan lands the car outside the building of the New New York Senate. He says to Valerie that he would be back within 15 minutes and picks up the Doctor's coat. He then steps outside of the car for the first time in 6 years and walks towards the Senate.

I wonder what the motivation of the Doctor was, to help the citizens of the Undercity after all that has happened. I also wonder why he was looking for this 'Martha' person so! I also think that the Doctor has lost someone, the look of it was in his eyes. I wonde...
    Brannigan's train of thought is interrupted as he sees the bodies of the Senate Members scattered all around the chamber.
    "Brannigan! There you are! Come and meet your benefactor!" the Doctor says as he comes into Brannigan's feild of veiw.

23. The Shakespeare Code

Shakespeare
    I watch as the TARDIS disappears and the Queen raving that her sworn enemy had escaped.
    How was it that the Lord of Time upsetteth the Queen so? What has or will he do that will upset her so? Will be, or was, Martha there when that occurrance happened? (Possibly not, as Elizabeth has not mentioned Martha yet)
    How is it, Doctor, that you do not recognise that Martha's heart throbs for you? Surely your recent loss has not blinded your heart to other possibilties?

24. Smith and Jones
    Martha Jones
    Who is this person who says that he is "Just the Doctor."? Who seems to know things about these 'Judoon' who have transported the Hospital to the Moon. What is his plan to deal with what is happening? Why is he saying that he is an alien?

25. The Runaway Bride
    Donna Noble
    I watch as the TARDIS shoots up into the sky. I then reflect on the Doctor's offer.

"You want to come with me?" he asks.
    "No."
    "Why not. The universe is filled with wonders."
    "And it is terrible! ..."

Why did you ask me to join you Doctor? Is it because you still want someone even though you have lost your friend? Why did you just stand there as the water rushed in and drowned the Racknoss's children? What ever it was, it must have been absolutely terrible.
    "Donna, come on in, out of the snow!" her mother calls.

26. Doomsday
    Rose Tyler
    Rose is standing on the beach at Bad Wolf Bay after the Doctor's message from their home universe fades away.
    Doctor, I will miss you. I hope that you will find someone to keep you company and keep you from being lonely. At the same time, I know that you will never forget me...

27. Army of Ghosts
    Jackie Tyler
    What is the Doctor trying to do? Track the source of what is causing these apparitions? What if...