NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

With my team starting camp today, it seemed like a good time to get this thread started.

As a New England fan, I'm cautiously optimistic. The running game and O-line scare me a bit, and the defense has more holes than Swiss cheese. But they have a relatively soft schedule in an otherwise bad division, so I am hoping they can win the AFC East again.

What do you think about your team this year?

Plus I need a Timby Bears rant in the worst way...

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: NF 2012 - Drive to Glory

No L this year? ;)

Seriously though, I'm excited for the 49ers season. They probably won't go 13-3, but I don't see why they can't win the division again and everyone is coming back from the year before. They still boast the best defense in the league, and the improved the offense quite a bit. Not only that, but Vegas has them favored to win the Super Bowl. I wouldn't go that far yet, but that's high praise.

3. SmoothieX

Uhhh, they needed the L for Super Bowl XLVII...Can a mod please fix my goof up?

If you guys have a motivated Moss with something left in the tank, along with Giant defectors Manningham and Jacobs, that's a team to reckon with.

I suspect they will win the division as well if they win 9-10 games or more, the rest of the NFC West is dreadful.

The AFC East and NFC West are the most top heavy divisions around. Neither one of us has a problem with that though I imagine, given our rooting interests.

I'm real curious to see how the Norths play out. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are perennial threats to knock NE out of the playoffs.

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I am a free agent fan this season. Since I no longer live in Indiana, and Indianapolis has decided they want to revamp the team, I'm revamping my fan-hood of their team.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Andy Reid's son found dead

I know his son had struggled with drug addiction for years, but this is still sad.

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

The Niners are easily the top team in the NFC West. After that, who knows?

It's a long time between September and December. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with our 114 draft picks...

GO RAMS!!

[​IMG]

7. SmoothieX

There's football on tonight!!! Our long national nightmare is over.

(Unless you're a Pats fan like me and you get to hear all about the Giants being the champs all over again.)

8. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

It was negotiated out in the new CBA. :mallory:

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chicago Bears, your Super Bowl XLVII champions.

Earl Bennett. Lance Briggs. Jay Cutler. Matt Forte. Robbie Gould. Devin Hester. Johnny Knox. BRANDON MARSHALL. Julius Peppers. Brian Urlacher.

New GM. New OC. New QB coach.

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

10. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another undefeated season for the beloved Denver Broncos.

12. SmoothieX

I can see them making the playoffs over Detroit if everything goes right and no one major gets hurt.

13. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

:)Well my AZ Cards are starting out good Not lol

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I wouldn't count on too much from Knox this season, considering the last time we saw him, he was bending in a way that dudes aren't generally supposed to bend:
    [​IMG]

15. SmoothieX

Your helmet isn't supposed to touch your ass is it? I'm neither a chiropractor nor a sports trainer, just looking for clarification.

Oh and Timby, I'm looking forward to your Bears rants again this year. So I have reason for them to go 5-11.

16. Timby

Hey.

HEY.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like my team, the Raiders, who embark this sesaon on a strange new journey into, NFL NORMALACY. Don't know what to expect as most teams hae done it his way for years and many of them have sucked for years. At least we got 4 Super Bowls and 3 championships out of the Cult of Al (RIP).

In any event, I am looking forward to this season like no other since becoming a Raiders fan. Lets have at it.

18. SmoothieX

Timby, I honestly have no feelings about the team one way or the other, I'm a Patriots fan. I just like the Monday Morning Vitriol.

Speaking of which, I get to spray my shorts for 3 minutes as the Pats starters get one drive tonight against the New Orleans Bounty Hunters.

19. Timby

I have a ton of respect for Reggie McKenzie and I feel he did a pretty decent job in this year's draft, considering the limitations forced upon him (like having no picks until the fourth round due to Carson "Fuck Mike Brown" Palmer), but I'm not sold at all on Dennis Allen, who seems cut from the Ed Donatell mold of coaching, and when your major offseason addition was Shawntae Spencer while every other team in the division got better, that's ... that's not good.

20. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Hester pretending to be a WR, Forte's recovery and Knox's health make those three question marks IMO.

The subtraction of Mike Martz alone should add a few wins, as should a healthy Cutler. I'm looking forward to them getting back on track after last season's debacle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.