teacake does Farscape: Spoiler Free first time viewing

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by teacake, Mar 23, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aeryn's is nicer :adore:

2. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The final scene of The Way We Weren't is my second-favorite shot of the whole series.

is the final shot of the entire series, in Peacekeeper Wars. The two shots are very similar.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"The Way We Weren't" is to FARSCAPE as "Duet" is to DS9. It was the episode that showed just how powerful the show could be . . ..

4. teacake

Home on the Remains: I should not have been eating while watching this. This guy was completely awful to look at.

[​IMG]

Even more awful was watching Chiana run her fingers erotically up and down his head slit..

[​IMG]

I had assumed this was a horrible injury not an erogenous zone! His brother had a head slit too though so it must be their species and not just bad luck for both of them.

He had the oddest accent, a mix of Australian, US South and a bit of Afrikaans. Quite effective.

I loved the take on what happens when a plant has a complete breakdown and reverts to a more primitive state.

The whole story with how they release spores which slow them and allow predators to catch them and then the spores kill the predators and then they EAT them.. !!

Fabulous alien-ness! Quite original.

[​IMG]

Very well done episode.

And.. are these LEATHER pants? I had to stare at them for a quite a while to try and decide :D

[​IMG]

5. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Chiana is always best

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0q9zNteF2Y[/yt]

6. Praetorian

Praetorian Captain Captain

Btw, teacake, don't watch that video...

7. teacake

I didn't but thanks :)

8. Gov Kodos

I didn't think it was spoilerish, but I can pull it if you prefer. Maybe, it's Billy Joel being objected to?

9. teacake

I just assumed there would be some scene I hadn't seen and since I seem to be a spoiler nazi watching it would be unseemly.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

If you were a spoiler NAZI there would be far fewer people commenting in here. ;)

11. Gov Kodos

I imagine there might be a scene or two, though no dialogue. It's done to Joels's 'Always a Woman', so to avoid future scenes, take a look after you've seen the series. It captures Chiana's character and her relationship with Crichton really well.

12. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I don't have a "favorite episode" of Farscape, but if I did, this one would be in the top five.

13. teacake

Dream a Little Dream: As soon as I saw this I knew I was in trouble.

[​IMG]

Court episodes are right up there with boxing episodes, actually I think I like court episodes even less.

Nicely sci fi noir in places but it never really grabbed me.

[​IMG]

Not sure why Zhaan is having the visions? Don't tell me if it is some big plot element!

[​IMG]

14. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

That was originally the season two premiere. When the episode wasn't turning out, it was shelved, and later they shot the bookends with Crichton and Zhaan so it could be used mid season. Nice production design, but one of the lowlights of season two.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That was actually my first episode of Farscape ever. I was so confused, and everything about it just seemed so weird. The weirdness, however, intrigued me enough to keep tuning in.

So yeah, not a great episode in the grand scheme of things, but it did have a neat atmosphere to it.

16. Praetorian

Praetorian Captain Captain

So is Zhaan rededicating herself to the Delvian seek because she's actually afraid they're all going to die? Because it seems awfully inconvenient, indulgent and rude to the real people trying to get her attention and input. I know she steps out of it eventually but I was trying to figure out if this was something she was headed into before this episode, something that had now come upon her. But apparently no, she's just freaked out and has gone into hibernation chant mode.

Well, now you know!

17. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. The Way We Weren't and Crackers Don't Matter are two of my favorite S2 eps; totally different tons but both brilliant.

18. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm way behind, but I couldn't resist speaking up for "Jeremiah Crichton". I know the overall plot is a bit silly, but there are so many little moments that have such charm. :) I prefer it WAY more than "Rhapsody in Blue", for example.

19. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I didn't think I was going to like it, but it turned out rather well. Rhapsody was disappointing for me...

20. teacake

Two questions..

My Little Crichtons is listed as episode 10 on Wikipedia and comes before the triple ep but in my umm.. set of episodes it is episode 13 and comes after the triple ep. Does it matter?

And I've been planning to watch the triple ep tonight but just realized I have Out of Their Minds before it as well as potentially My Little Crichtons. Do I need to watch Out of Their Minds first as well?