What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time a few days ago.

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

I played for a little bit in the Neverwinter beta weekend. No ranged DPS available yet, so I went with a tank. Character controls are unusual for me, with the mouse determining direction.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Picked up Arkham City again. The first time I played, I stopped after the main story. This time I'm going around and playing all the side missions and whatnot. I might download some of the other character stories, too. I really want them to make another Arkham game.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

At the moment, I'm designing coasters in Rollercoaster rtycoon 3.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Anybody else playing Dead Space 3? I'm on Chapter 11 of 19 and while I only played a few stages of Lost Planet, this feels extremely "familiar" to that... I did manage to max out my plasma cutter pretty early on so that's cool. I'm also almost maxed out on my suit armor!

6. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm finally trying to finish Fallout New Vegas.

but we got a game of this in a while back
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have no idea what that is.

8. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Its either the Iraq intelligence dossier Bush and Blair used to find WOMD......or it's some kind of board game.:lol:

9. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was about to purchase 'Alien Colonial Marines'. After reading some of the reviews I don' think I'll bother.

10. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Always playing FIFA, right now FIFA '13. I started my third Mass Effect play through during winter holidays and I just started ME3. Playing this time as female Shepherd. I beat Halo 4 about two weeks ago...it was okay.

I recently got a friend into Skyrim. And after seeing his excitement I think I'm going to start a new character soon.

11. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished Crysis 2 again in anticipation of Crysis 3 coming out. Played Crysis again and Crysis Warhead for the first time before that. Crysis 2 didn't seem so bad back when it first came out. But it had been years since I had played the first Crysis.

Coming off of other corridor shooters, the amount of choices in how you approached each objective was like returning to my old school favorites. Playing it again immediately after finishing Crysis again, and then Warhead, it feels like one of those other corridor shooters with some nifty powers. Still a fun game, but nowhere near as much so as the first one. There needs to be a much bigger sandbox to play in. I'm hoping 3 will be more open, but expecting it not to be since it will also be released on consoles.

Crysis still looks great after 5 years. Crysis 2 looks pretty good with mods, but vanilla is rather meh, even with the DX11 patch.

I've also been working my way through Far Cry 3. The story is fairly dumb, but the rest of the game has been quite good. Most of the systems work pretty well, like the skinning, which is actually useful to your character, and the towers to clear the map. I've been having a blast doing a lot of the side missions, like hunting tigers with a bow, and taking enemy hideouts.

I'm still deciding what to play next. I was hoping the Crysis playthroughs would take a bit longer. Maybe Rage or Doom 3? I'm in a shooter mood lately.

13. Tprach

Tprach Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

PC: Star Trek Online

Xbox live: Assassins Creed Series

14. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Dead Space 3 when I'm on my own, and some Borderlands 2 with mates when we get a chance

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Fuck it. I have 20 minutes left on Dead Space 3 and I don't fucking care. I just died 20 to 30 times at the exact same point and I am playing on the CASUAL difficulty setting. I'm screaming at my tv in frustration. I keep insa-dying for no goddamn reason. On the casual setting. I'll just watch the damn video walkthrough to see the ending.

16. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Ouch! Where? If the room with the flames. Run as soon as you get control. I had the same problem and had to watch a walkthrough. Though I'm not much further after that when I stopped.

17. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Calm down there, dude. It's just a game.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm right at the end where you're running through the collapsing wreckage. I keep restarting at the point where you get attacked by three scorpions. Then you go into a larger room and there's two tentacles. When you kill one it spawns one of those big boss monsters. Killing him is supposed to open the door. I've managed to kill him about half the time, but then the door doesn't open, and then I just insta-die.

Either a) there is a timer on this level and if you stay in one place too long you just die for no reason, b) even on the casual setting, the scorpion can insta-kill you with its tail (if it's behind me and I don't realize it, maybe?), or c) the game is glitching.

The game glitched one time before on me and I had to restart from the save. But I've restarted it 20 times, including the next day, and it keeps happening. Game are supposed to be fun, dammit :p

19. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Finished Dead Space 3 yesterday.

Mr Light, If you mean collapsing as in

then yes, there is a timer. I had a similar moment, and on the respawn turned around and saw a giant churning maelstrom coming for me.

It was at that point I decided to run. Get to that fight as quickly as possible. Hit any enemies between there with stasis and just power past them. The occasional backwards walking to take out legs helped too. You're finally free of the maelstrom when you see a bench.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I watched the video walk through after I sold the game and it looked like I could have just run forward past them maybe? I kept waiting for a door to open, not realizing there was a place to walk forward right next to it. Oh well.