DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Disillusioned, May 30, 2009.

1. KHAAAN!

KHAAAN! Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi, I'm a huge Niner from way back when it was still broadcast on TV. I can still remember my excitement as a waited each week for new episodes, and watching the promos for next week's episode dreaming of what it could be, and hoping it wasn't another Ferengi episode :p. I remember my despair as I found that there would be no new episode for the next week. I think I still have some old VHS tapes of the show that I recorded. My favorite characters were always Jadzia and Julian, and my favorite episode would have to be "Ex Post Facto", mostly because it had the Obisidian Order/Tal Shiar team up and Garak torturing Odo.

2. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard, KHAAAN!

However, I'd like to point out that "Ex Post Facto" is actually a VOY episode! :lol:

You're thinking of "The Die is Cast".

3. DS9

DS9 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello, I'm DS9 and in case you can't tell by my name I'm a huge DS9 fan, in fact it is my favorite series. I know other Trek fans that HATE DS9 and that just kills me because I think the show is the best overall series.

I will be lurking around these parts from time to time and it is good to be here to chat with other 9ers!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hi DS9 - how are you?

5. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Well, I'll be damned.

The station itself finally joined our forum.

6. Weyoun Ten

Weyoun Ten Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well hello.

I believe that this is the correct place to be to give a proper introduction. If I'm wrong, someone please tell me so!

To cut to the chase, I guess you can call me Weyoun Ten for now. Weyoun Elven might be activated soon at this rate. **chuckles* Bad joke, I'm a total Trekki though.

Anyways, I'm here regarding Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I had a large interest in the series in the 90's when I was younger.

I am a person who loves to write RP as cannons that I can connect with easily and portray online as if you were speaking with the real character from the series. In this case and for the first time for me, its gonna be Weyoun (a friend of mine is making an ST NG RPG that I plan to have the cannon of Weyoun in).

A friend of mine is starting up his own Star Trek: Next Generation based RPG that is still in the works. We plan it to be quite an active site, though, I am not here to advertise.

On his RP site, even though it is NG, I plan to write as Weyoun and portray the Vorta as best of my writing abilities, mainly due to the fact that cross-overs from DS9 and NG have happened before where people like Warf and O'Brian went from the Enterprise to DS9 to continue working in Starfleet. Plus Weyoun makes a pretty good bad guy and given the plot that is in the works, there is going to be a war.

When my friend said the words, "there's going to be a war somehow," I instantly thought of Weyoun being in the RPG along with some other cannons and not having the whole RPG made up of OC's (I know from personal experience that it gets boring when its like that).

Overall though, I am mainly seeking input on the history and behaviors/personality of Weyoun so I might be able to get this personality down for the RPG that is in the works as well as all the aspects of the war that took place in the Gamma Quadrant/Alpha Quadrant during the years DS9 took place.

Yes, yes, I know Weyoun Eight was killed off, and that a Ninth one appeared in a book I have yet to get my paws on, but that does not mean that a Tenth one could have been created somehow by Section 31 after the war had ended, or an old Dominion Supporter got a hold of Weyouns' DNA and managed to make another one so to have a great pawn when a new war broke out.

Okay so this post is damn long. Forgive me but I hate being interrogated and missing any little details!! >_< That has happened too many times on some fourms as I have observed but had no part in.

Anyhow, Hi. Care to help me out somehow? lol? =D

ITS SO NICE TO FIND A PLACE SO ACTIVE!

7. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Oh, oh, a Vorta, and a Weyoun at that!!

Can I toss you out of the airlock? Pwwweeeaaaase? Pweeeeaaase?!

8. Weyoun Ten

oo

MOMMY! **runs away* JK! How are you Re'jal?

9. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    'Mommy?' Weren't you cloned? :cardie:

How am I? Bloodthirsty! :devil:
    ;)

How are you? Appropriately scared? ;)

10. Weyoun Ten

The Jem`Hadar are across the hall if you're looking for blood my friend. No. I do not have a belly button. Mommy? I meant Founders. lol

I'm pretty good. Just doing research mainly on Weyouns and the war history of DS9. Like I said in my first message; friend of mine is starting up a ST RPG that I wish to take part in as Weyoun Ten.

It's nice to meet you. :)

11. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    ^ And its a true pleasure to meet again weyoun. How are things, I trust the transporters are working okay...:devil:

In all seriousness welcome to the DS9 forum number Ten, and I hope that you find us a pleasant and relaxed environment. Just watch out for the Cardassians...

12. Weyoun Ten

Ah I thank you! And that I shall, along with the Klingons. Warf snapped one of my predecessors neck, which was not a pleasant experience. :/

I thank you for your warning Damar, and hope to be quite comfortable! :)

13. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Commander

Hi All! I love Deep Space 9, along with The Next Generation and Voyager. yep, I am a terminal Trekkie :)

14. quazar

quazar Captain Captain

Recently I got around to finally finishing the new Battlestar Galactica. Having my world rocked by this, I decided to re-visit an old favorite. I have to say, that after re-watching the first three episodes of Deep Space Nine for I believe the first time since they first aired in 93, I am super damn impressed. I remember loving this show when it was on, but with that being said I am still amazed at how well this show has aged. Tis going to be awesome re-watching the whole show whilst returning to Treklit with the Typhon Pact. This break from this corner of Trek is proving to have a very welcome return. ^_^

15. Damask

Damask Commander Red Shirt

Never posted in this thread so here goes! Damask from Ireland.

Watched TNG's pilot eons ago now and loved thats series. When it gets it right it so gets it. However DS9 is my love. Its the only series I've bought all the seasons for on DVD. Watch an episode at least once a week if not more.

16. Willim Davies

Willim Davies Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think that is a bit strong to say TNG aged poorly, DS9 did bring pretty much all ranges of races, ships, weaponary and stories the universe had to offer, but if you think about it, TNG was the baby steps for this new idea to be created, so the Gama quadrent was born into the life of trek fans, and war was brought with it...

17. Willim Davies

Willim Davies Lieutenant Red Shirt

I find it is almost the whole meaning of irony how you cn find so many traits in weyoun, the flow of his whole being to be so facinating where the character himself has no concept of artistic talents or love of art and/ or theatre,
    i applaud you fr finding so much in this character

18. JKK

JKK Ensign Newbie

Hi.. uh.. I'm Cadet Kalmond, just signed in a few days ago. The SFI wanted me to get onboard DS9 so that I can contact Bajoran intelligence and collect information on troop movements and strategic plans of the Dominion. Who do I contact? (Just so you know... S-31 is really a pain in the ass. These people never give up!!)

19. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

New here, glad to see there are other DS9 fans, as I get older I feel more and more that Deep Space nine is the best that Trek has to offer.

20. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hello Distorted Humor.....had to stop myself automatically adding a 2nd u to humour there! Hope you're enjoying the boards :)