Recurring Actors for Next Series

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Sindatur, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

We've had "Net Captain" and "Fantasy Crew" threads, but, I don't recall a "Recurring Actors/Characters" thread for a next Series.

I'm not particular about specific characters, though, I would like to see Romulans explored more, and I'd I'd like more Andorians. Shran was simply awesome in Enterprise.

As to Recurring Actors, I'd like to see:
    Jeffery Combs (All his characters have been great, he'd be good playing any Alien)
    JG Hertzler (Not as Martok or antoehr Klingon, but, as another Species)
    Fionnula Flanagan - We've seen her Vulcan and Cardassian, so, I'd like to see her as another Species
    Louise Fletcher
    Wayne Alexander (Played Many characters in Babylon 5, including Lorien and the Inquisitor)
    Mira Furlan (Played Delenn in Babylon 5)
    Michael Emerson (Ben Linus in LOST)

Who would you like to see in your recurring cast (or even just a 1 or 2 episode guest role), and if you're particular, what character type/Species would you like to see your choices play?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are a huge range of genre (and non-genre) actors bopping around who desperately need to be in some interesting series, Star Trek or otherwise: Lance Reddick, Wentworth Miller, Josh Holloway, Ben Browder, William Fichtner, Naveen Andrews, Connor Trinneer, Christopher Judge, Edward James Olmos, Mitch Pileggi, Wayne Pygram, James Callis, Robert Picardo, Mary McDonnell, Henry Ian Cusick, Ken Leung, Michael Hogan, Joel Gretsch and Joe Flanigan (I miss his hair). :rommie:

I'm leaving out actors like Michael Emerson, Michelle Forbes and Morena Baccerin, who have shows now, or like Terry O'Quinn, Katee Sackhoff and Titus Welliver, who have been cast in new pilots this year. But they could do guest shots.

I don't really care which species any of them play. In some cases, there are obvious choices: Wayne Pygram as a Cardassian, for instance. But even then, it might be more fun to cast them against type.

3. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

The cast of Glee as the Enterprise crew. The cast of Hunger Games as Klingons. They should fight and sing in every episode.

4. Temis the Vorta

Chris Colfer was born to play a Klingon. And the CW is prepping their Hunger Games ripoff series even as we speak. I haven't heard about any singing, but they're calling it "diet dystopian," which reaffirms my belief that we should all use whatever psychic powers we possess to make the CW forget their parent company holds the TV rights to Star Trek. :p

5. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jim Caviezel as a Section 31 Operative

Wayne Pygram as an agent of the Tal Shiar

Ron Glass as a Starfleet Admiral

Peter Cullen as the voice of a recurring CGI villain

Niall Matter as a Q

6. Temis the Vorta

Eric Stolz, Esai Morales, Alessandra Torresani and Polly Walker as anything.

7. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Michael Shanks, Ed Quinn,Torri Higginson, Gina Torres, Bruce Campbell, Alan Tudyk, Jordan Hinson, Ashley Walters, Mark Gatiss and Benedict Cumberbatch as anything.

8. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Stephen Tobolowsky in pretty much any role (bonus points if his character's last name is Ryerson). Plus Kurt Fuller, William Sanderson, Joe Spano and Blu Mankuma.

9. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

I know that series, but it ain't called Star Trek ;) But I would dig it that is for sure

10. Temis the Vorta

I'm sure they're capable of playing roles other than the ones in Caprica, otherwise they wouldn't be worth much as actors. The actors I previously mentioned have all been in previous series as well (otherwise, it would be hard for me to recommend them or even know about them).