Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

If you want to get the 2 accolades and permanent buffs for the Borg, the tutorial Borg are a good place to do it. I've gotten them both ways and against the real Borg takes a lot more sweat and tears.

2. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Well yah, if you only have one. Even a purple mkxii will only up the turn rate to 11.2. If you want to make a cruiser turn, you have to do at least three, especially before mkX.

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which makes it pointless, because you're using all of your eng slots just to turn the thing around.

4. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Did some exchange shopping.

For anyone Fed side, you can currently buy the plasmonic leech console off the exchange for less than 200k EC.

Mirror Ha'Noms with crazy sci boff seating is a 6-7 million.

Mirror Ha'Feh less than 4 million.

Mirror Ha'Apax less than 200k.

Pretty clear which ship is in demand!

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I got 4 very rare Nanite Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [ACC] [CrtD] [CrtH] at a steal for 900k each, same price too for Nanite Disruptor Turrets.

6. Rocketeer

I personally wouldn't bother trying to make a cruiser turn 'fast'. Put Beam Arrays on the front and turrets on the back (to keep the power cost lower). Include one or two Eject Warp Plasma abilities ready for any snipes that try to tailpipe you.

Now having said that, I suppose that having an agile cruiser could be fun to play. Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

7. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

It's a while ago since I've flown it, so my memory may be fuzzy, but I had a few RCS Consoles fitted to a Vor'cha on my Klingon Eng character, and that was quite fun. Not exactly able to turn on a dime, but it could usually keep most ships in it's front 90 degree arc, and I used Eject Warp Plasma (and maybe Tractor Beam, can't remember if I had that) to keep the really nippy ships a tad slowed down so I could pummel them.

8. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Is there an issue with the mail system? I've seen some folks complaining about it here and there, but nothing specific. I have noticed that I can't delete stuff; or rather, that the stuff I delete doesn't get deleted. Is there something more?

9. Ruaidhri

There is now a 100 mail limit in your inbox. For people using their mail as storage, it suddenly means they have no more space to stash stuff. Plus, with no ability to delete mail, someone has apparently been spamming email to intentionally deprive people of mail space.

10. Amaris

Yeah, the email system won't let you delete anything at the moment.

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Good news, Cryptic is finally getting around to bug fixes. The first batch hit Tribble already, expect more for the Holodeck patch on thursday.

Originally Posted by salamiinferno [​IMG]
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.30.20130513a.34

General:
    • Mail can now be deleted.
    • Resolved an issue with Emergency Power to Auxiliary outperforming it?s intended design.
    • The final wave of ?The Defense of New Romulus? has been tuned to be more achievable.
    • The B?rel should no longer request that the player purchase the Exeter in order to commit changes in the tailor.
    • Resolved an issue that prevented players from receiving their transwarp to the Tau Dewa sector block upon earning T1 in the New Romulan Reputation.
    • Tuned down the difficulty of the elite Crystalline Entity encounter.
    • Server Stability Updates.

12. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I was wondering if I was just that bad at the game. Probably died about 20 times slowly wearing down the command ship.

13. Amaris

Thank the gods! I hated that mission!

14. Rocketeer

FYI...

A few months ago some folks were asking about the lifetime subscription. They are currently on sale for $199 (US) which is just about what 13 months of subscription costs.

Not trying to push the subscription, just letting you know incase that factors into your longterm STO plans.

15. Timelord Victorious

If you are Romulan (Reman doesn't count) or high in Diplomacy(Marauding you can recruit an NPC on the Romulan mining colony in Mine Enemy as a pretty good rare medical doff.
    Find an NPC called Rai close to the beam in point and talk to her.
    Her special power is extra healing for copper based blood lifeforms.

16. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wonder if that works for former Borg Romulans too.

17. Amaris

Yep. She's already a valued member of my crew. :D

18. Ruaidhri

My KDF engineer is loving the new traits. The one that gives bonus power to all subsystems when using EP2X skills and batteries...holy smokes, I'm in a nearly continuous state of 100+ power in EVERY subsystem. It's crazy. Some power from equipment bonuses, some from console bonuses (plasmonic leech), and skill point allocations.

19. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Does anyone have tips on a good shuttle build? I've been trying that "save floating city" fleet action but my shuttle's beam array and torpedo keeps missing the enemy fighters.

20. Timelord Victorious

Weapons with [Acc] modifier.
    You can also modify your accuracy with a trait respec or with skill points.
    If that is not enough, slow them down somehow with a tractor beam or a console based plasma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.