[spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, May 29, 2013.

?

Who would you like to see Carol end up with?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2013.
  1. Carol Single

23.5%
  2. Carol/Bones McCoy

35.3%
  3. Carol/James Kirk

35.3%
  4. Carol/Other Character

5.9%
  1. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh ok ok I see. You want Kirk to be single so he can have more threesomes.

I get you.

2. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Lol, that is not true. I just don't think he's ready for something serious. I could be wrong, though. If he settles down with Carol on the Enterprise I will have no problem with that. :)

I still like her with Bones, though. ;)

3. DaleC76

DaleC76 Captain Captain

KIRK
    Why? Why didn't you tell me?

CAROL
    How can you ask me that? Were we
    together? Where we going to be?
    You had your world and I had mine.
    I wanted him in mine, not chasing
    through the universe with his father.

4. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If they're going to bother shoehorning Carol into the new universe, I want her to end up in a healthy relationship with Kirk. It wouldn't surprise me if the next movie picks up 5 years later and Kirk has a 4 year old kid with her too.

I don't think that Bones is ready for another relationship after his divorce. Since he had to leave Earth afterwards and joined Starfleet, the divorce probably put him off of relationships for a while.

5. indranee

But you didn't post what Kirk said to Carol after David attacked him.

Kirk (dodges attack and looks at Carol): THAT'S David?!

He knew who David was. He just hadn't met him (probably since he was a baby etc).

That's my take and I'm sticking to it ;)

6. indranee

IF they can write it well then this would be good. Kirk has abandonment issues. I think Carol could be a good psychological foil for dealing with those. But I have no hope in Orci/Kurtzman being able to write intelligently about deeper emotional issues.

7. Kevman7987

I cannot wait until Orci/Kurtzman & Abrams are no longer attached to Star Trek or at least aren't the sole creators of new Trek. If they can't write good Kirk/Carol, Paramount should find someone who can. This new version of Trek will not get any real growth to it until it is spread out to other writers and producers like Trek was on TV. TV Trek always left it that if you had a writer you didn't like, don't worry, the next several episodes are by different writers.

Think about this; Star Trek didn't develop franchise fatigue until Braga started being given more control over the franchise.

Sorry about the rant, but that's how I feel.

Back on track about relationships; I never liked the Spock/Uhura thing. Thanks to the Final Frontier being the 1st Trek film I ever saw, I always felt that Uhura should be with Scotty.

8. Talosian

Talosian Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think it would be more fun with Bones. I agree there isn't much time for developing another romantic interest. But this is an argument for favoring Carol/Bones over her and Kirk. With McCoy it'll be a lighter and more humorous affair.

I'd rather see Kirk continue to be a womanizer.

9. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

^Thank you, Talosian. I think she could offset Bones' crankiness really well. It's been a while since his divorce. The guy's gotta be lonely.

10. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Well Kirk has always been more of a free spirit compared to McCoy, remember he abandoned Antonia to go back to Starfleet in Generations. And he was sixty!

11. Kevman7987

Generations implied that Kirk left Starfleet and then came back leaving Antonia behind sometime before TWOK. In that case, Kirk would have been in his mid to late forties at the time.

12. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I thought he came back before the E-B was launched.

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

no he retired before the E-B was launched. he was just there as a guest.

14. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

another reason why i would want carol and kirk to get together is that
    At the beginning of the Star Trek VI novel, Carol is visiting one of the families again on the Themis colony (presumably over fifteen years after the Genesis incident) when it is attacked by Klingons – presumably General Chang, using the prototype Bird-of-Prey that will later cause the Enterprise crew trouble. Carol is severely injured and on life support, news which affects Kirk deeply; over the years, he and Carol had healed the rift over David’s death and became friends again, and they were planning on making a life together after his retirement. For this reason, his hatred of Klingons is even more extreme in the novel than in the movie – not only did they kill his son, they may have also killed his future life partner

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013