Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Servo, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They can go FTL, but it still takes weeks or months to get from one place to another. It's more economical to ice down part of or (if there's an AI to handle the revival) all of the crew than to bring along enough supplies for everybody to be awake during the journey.

You also don't have to worry about them going stir-crazy. Perhaps less of a problem on a capital ship like the Pillar of Autumn, but in a two-person shuttle...?

2. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

It does take time between FTL jumps(?). The Pillar of Autumn made a blind jump on Aug. 30th and arrived near Installation 04 (HALO) on September 19th. Cryogenic sleep enables the subject not to age.

3. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

So, Microsoft hired David Fincher to direct the 2 min trailer for the release of Halo 4.

linky

4. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not crazy about much of the new Spartan Armor. The Chief looks good, but the new Spartans IV's don't look much like Halo to me. They seem sort of generic and if not for their weapons and a few other details, I wouldn't know they were supposed to be in the Halo universe. It's not a deal breaker, but I prefer the look of the Spartan III's from Halo Reach. Their armor had a touch more realism that the IV's seem to lack in one way or another. There was an individuality to Noble team, yet you still could clearly recognize them as Spartans.

Anyway, part 2 of Forward Unto Dawn is out today. I haven't watched it yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56gSEJ6IGc

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Shit's getting real next week! ;)

7. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the Spartan IV armor is ugly as sin. Hopefully that's just the default, and there will be better variants.

8. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Jimi_James

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was pretty crazy at the end. Are any of the characters from Forward Unto Dawn in the game? I don't have an 360 so I've only played the first two games, but despite that, I really like the Halo universe, and so far I've loved Forward Unto Dawn.

11. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

The impression I get is that the guy listening to Forward Unto Dawn's distress call in the first episode intro is the adult Laski. That kind of implies that he'll be in Halo 4.

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Lasky is a Commander by 2557, when Halo 4 takes place, and is the executive officer of the UNSC Infinity.

13. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

You can freeze frame the first episode, it's written Lasky on Ty Olsson's uniform. Another freeze frame about the news of a terror attack showed the events of FUD took place in April 2526, a few months after discovering planet Harvest had been glassed by the Covenants. So it came as a surprise that the existence of both the Covenants and the Spartans were kept secret. Especially by judging the reaction from the cadets in yesterday's episode.

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Harvest was glassed in October 2525. It's possible, though I'm not finding any corroboration on the Halo Nation wiki, that the public was not told about the existence of the Covenant until some time after the events of H4: FUD.

ONI unveiled the existence of SPARTAN-II supersoldiers in 2547, twenty-two years after the start of the Human-Covenant War and five years prior to the war's end. Until that point, general "knowledge" of SPARTANs was rumor and conjecture. The existence of SPARTAN-III soldiers remained classified.

15. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And THAT ladies and gentlemen, is why we don't use space tethers to evac warzones.

Also, Blondie was SO dead it's not even funny.

16. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I loved the first game, and like the second game. The third game with its poor single player story drove me away from this franchise. I am interested in Halo 4. I am hoping that the single player campaign is strong.

17. Jimi_James

Personally, I'm not that much of a fan of MC or the games that feature him. I prefer the more story driven ODST and Halo Reach. I also really liked Halo Wars. I'm interested to see in what direction 343 will take this new MC featured game, if the story will be all over the place and only an after through like the first three games, or if like Reach and ODST it's a more focused and honed story driven experience.

That being said, I've always maintained that I like the Halo universe itself much more than the actual games. The games are fun, but there is still a lot they could do within the universe story wise. FUD goes a long way towards proving that and I'm pleased that it's turned out so well thus far.

18. Jimi_James

Forward Unto Dawn - Part 4: Call Me Master Chief

Another great episode. I was surprised how believable MC was, running around and fighting. It could have easily come off as gimmicky and unrealistic, but they did an excellent job making the Chief look and fight in a believable way. The scenes with the cloaked Elite were also really tense and I like how they conveyed him as more of a terrifying monster than as some sort of skilled soldier.

It was also refreshing to see an alien that wasn't speaking english, simply for our benefit. It was a nice touch to make his speech unintelligible and added to his presence.

19. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

EDIT: Reply to the first of your two posts.

I agree with your last paragraph but I gotta admit that I tripped when I finally saw the Chief live, in action in today's installment of FUD!

20. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Next week:

[​IMG]