Mirrors

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PKerr, Aug 17, 2008.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A brief synopsis.
    Jack Bauer has to save his wife and kids from ghost trying to get them through Mirrors.

I took my girlfriend to see this tonight (her pick) and all I can say is Meh.

Same old Evil spirits trying to push through the elastic cloth walls (in this case mirrors) to get into our world.
    Same old creepy little girl who makes jerky motions as she tries to get you.
    Gawd! can't they come up with something new?

They try to get you through video tapes.
    They try to get you through phone.
    Then through your Phone's ring tone.
    Now they try to get you through Mirrors (which I'm sure has been done a half a dozen times already.)

BTW I think Kiefer Sutherland has played Jack Bauer too long now, everything I've seen him in lately just seems like Jack Bauer.

Oh and if it's any indication, there were about 25 people in the theater.
    Pretty sad for a 7:30 Saturday evening show.
    If you want to see it on the big screen I'd suggest you do it soon, this one won't be around long.

I give it a 2 out of 5 stars and that's only because I like Kiefer Sutherland and Jack Bauer.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I like Kiefer, too, but there's no way in hell I will see this movie. It just looks so.....lame.

But then, I was never a fan of horror in general. The big, dark, scary (fill in the blank) will grab people and kill them in some horrible way, and the whole cast, except one, will get killed off.

*yawn*

Maybe I've seen too many films, but this sort of thing just doesn't impress me.

3. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

At first I thought this might be based upon the Graham Masterton novel, but obviously not.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Meh. I have zero desire to go see this.

5. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In addition to being sick and tired of 'angry ghost seeks revenge against the living' movies, I'm fed up with the nonstop commercials for the damn thing.

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I can't watch Sutherland in anything and not see Jack Bauer.

This one looked lame. I'll give it a pass as well.

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The trailer looked like a pastiche of all the horror movies I've seen in the past 10 years. It wasn't screened for critics either. That should have been a dead giveaway.

8. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the review. I figured it was the same old stuff. I'm not wasting my money on it.

9. Moocey

Moocey Vice Admiral Admiral

I went to see this movie on a whim yesterday, not knowing anything about it. I walked out after an hour. Utter shit.

10. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh. For me when it comes to horror, no Lovecraftian hellbeast? No sale.