Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

There's a novelty. There's no need for me to ever visit Vancouver or BC as I think every aspect must have been shown on TV over the past couple of decades.

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

You guys better be nice to Jean or she will tap dance on your brain. Speaking of Jean it would be nice if she would introduce Ray on the show at some point next season. This year is way to crowded.

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, what a twist!

I thought there were a few good moments in the show. Thea walking around with boxing gloves was a funny image, but it led to a tender moment between her a Roy.

I loved the Count and I hope he's not really dead. Ollie shooting him was nicely handled, and I liked the moment that he shared with Felicity afterwards.

The other bit I liked was when Ollie returned to the courthouse and Thea asked him if he was okay, I'm wondering if soon he'll reveal his identity to her.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

This episode was pretty weak. I was bored by the island stuff, and I wish Merlyn had stayed dead, although the end reveal was interesting. I'm not liking CW's stupid scheduling. It skips next week, then the mid season finale starts. It seems to me there was a time where we didn't have stupid mid season finales for shows, even live action ones. Its just stupid. Still, hopefully Barry Allen will be interesting on Arrow, they could easily screw him up.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

A lot of shows are skipping next week due to thanksgiving.

6. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I also like how they foreshadowed Slade with the mask without him having to wear the mask. Thought that was very clever.

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"I have associates...including (hee hee) one in the DA's office"...I assume the asst. district attorney is the one who chose Laurel, and set up on her end what was needed to lose. (Also, access to the jury).

The whole trial was ridiculous (over and done in what, 2 days?), but the verdict "makes sense".

i'll let it roll to let the storyline go on.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I think for drama's sake it would have been better for her to have been found guilty and sentenced to death.

The Merlin stuff was just stupid.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought everything outside of the courtroom in this one was good. For one thing there is no way a trial like that would be over so quick. Don't most of those kinds of trials usually take weeks? Also I doubt very much Laurel would be allowed to play that big of a role in the trial given her relationship with the Queen family.
    I though the island stuff was pretty good, but I really liked the stuff with The Count. He's been one of my favorite villains so far, and I thought he went out with a strong appearance. I was pretty shocked to see Ollie actually kill him, but it did seem appropriate in the situation.
    I knew that Barrowman was coming back, but I did not expect it to actually be a scene in the present. I did not expect the Thea reveal, but now that it's been revealed, it's really not that surprising.
    I'm still wondering if all of these deaths and references to having died, and the presence of the League of Assassin's means we will see a Lazarus Pit sometime soon.

10. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

think a trial like Moira's would actually be quite quickly. The prosecution had pretty much a slam dunk case with the video confession.

Calling witnesses such as the families of those who died wouldn't really have achieve anything and been of minimal relevance to the case.

Would have been up to the defence to try and prove mitigation because there was no doubt of her involvement in the conspiracy.

And who could the defence really have called?

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Did anyone else notice that Blood called the bloke who survived his experiment "Cyrus"? I wonder if by any chance his surname is Gold...and if he was born on a Monday...?

12. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, since the mask will soon come into play and judging by the short clip released yesterday with Roy and Felicity the identity of Arrow will be a main theme for the next few episodes.

14. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At Blastr.com, they're reporting that his last name is Gold and he'll be making an appearance on the episode after next. Bring forth GRUNDY!

15. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, I actually thought the proof would be revealed in court - that Thea is Malcom's daughter.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The defence would have been a list of all the other women in the world that the billionaire industrialist playboy Malcolm Merlin had also slept with.

And you thought that there would have been no good reasons to have the Kardashians on Arrow?

18. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's funny. And a good question. Maybe the district attorney slipped into her Manhunter costume and found proof from 18-19 years ago to use in the trial.

I remember an episode last season where some dude O.D.ed shortly after leaving Ollie's night club and Lance suspected that Tommy and Ollie were involved in selling Vertigo. Lance subpoenaed their accounting books and LATER THAT SAME DAY, Lance's partner told him that they had found a thousand dollars missing from the books. That is one helluva forensic accountant working for Starling City to find a thousand dollar discrepancy after just a few hours of pouring over their books!

LaxScrutiny, you also brought up a good point about disclosure. When Laurel came to Moira with her "secret weapon" info, she said something like, "I could get dis-barred for telling you this."* Or, Laurel, you could just be following the rules of discovery by telling the opposing side any new information learned over the course of the trial.

* Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I'll assume she was referring to speaking with Moira without her attorney present on the "dis-barring" thing, but that's a generous assumption given how the writers mangled every other legal aspect of this episode.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh I get it.

Malcolm leaked the affair, so that he could save the day.

Not to get Moira, she stole his daughter... He wants a new heir.

20. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Not to mention Thea's testimony could have easily been saved (or at least damage controlled) by Jean in redirect, by establishing that, while Thea initially blamed her mother for the destruction of the Glades, she eventually did forgive her, and then simply ask Thea her reason(s) to do so. This could even have been used to hurt the prosecution, demonstrating that, while it is natural to blame Moira, it would only be an emotional reaction, not a rational one.

And I learned that from watching David E. Kelley shows. Imagine what an actual lawyer could have come up with.