Watching Trek...Higher Than A Kite!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by jazzstick, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I would think that "The Alternative Factor" would be a trip. Either that or "Return of the Archons."

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure there is a drug that will improve The Alternative Factor..

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Return of the Archons used to work for me that way, but really only with the somnambulist townspeople with Vina's Theme playing. I don't have a copy currently to test it.

Alternative Factor is in the same Fan Collective as Mirror Mirror I believe. I've never noticed it working with that.

4. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Ok guys, I have to ask - how is "The Way to Eden" when you're, uh, under the influence? It can't possibly be any worse than when you're sober, right?

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The Way to Eden first aired when I was 18 and sober (preacher's kid). I hated it because of the beat-you-over-the-head morality tale with space hippies. The religious aspect with Eden, Adam, and the apple didn't bother me at all. It was those stupid space hippies and the ""rock songs".

Every freaking show was doing episodes like it at the time. I liked rock and roll, I had my first AM radio at 11 (1962 to save you the arithmetic) and I kept it on the top 40 station. I heard Dion, Bobby Rydell, Bobby Vee, Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Dave Clark Five, all that stuff. But whatever the space hippies were playing wasn't rock music.

Under the influence? When I had all the tapes, that was one I rarely played, so I can't say. I tried to watch Skip, but it's just too painful.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  6. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't remember any great insights from watching Trek stoned. The Muppets, on the other hand,..................

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I was basically stoned from 1986 to 2012, so yeah....

What were we talking about again?

:shrug:

;)