Decided to quit

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Cardassian3279, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Cardassian3279

Cardassian3279 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm sorry, guys I decide to quit this forum because im not good english sentence and word.

Im disabled but I wish i want to sign language on video clips and subtitles to make understand me but cannot.

I want amstration please deactivate me on the forum.

Don't need miss me lol.

Thank for help everything.

Good bye.

Martyn

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aww.. sometimes people are abrupt to others not realizing that English isn't their first language. If people do know that they will be very considerate.

3. Cardassian3279

Cardassian3279 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I know that, teacock....Im not comfortable when people say "huh", "what", other word they ask me as question to misunderstand of my english sentence.

So, I want to off or quit this forum.

Martyn.

4. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Usually, accounts aren't deleted here (just deactivated at the most) but you can ask T'Bonz for it. But why not leave it open so you can come back when you feel more comfortable?

5. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry to hear that too. :-/

At least personally, I have been able to understand you, or know what questions to ask to make sure that I understand you.

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

I agree with this suggestion.

7. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Shame you're going. It's a good place to practice your English skills. There's no need to be upset if people don't understand what you mean.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It's a great community outside a few. You should definitely try to stick it out. :techman:

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'd echo what others have said, being on a forum can be a good way to improve your language skills.

As for misunderstanding what has been written, that could even happen between native speakers.

10. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't go. :) Just because some posters misunderstand what you say, you can still improve your language skills.

11. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree with what everyone else here has said, Cardassian3279. I hope that you'll stay and continue to be a part of the forum.

12. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope you'll change your mind.

13. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Your English doesn't seem that bad. I know people who write far worse, including on this board.

There was this fellow who used to post, IIRC, that nobody could understand...at all.

14. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Don't go. The others are correct, this is an excellent place to work at your English skills. If someone needs clarification, they should ask. But if someone gets rude when asking for clarification, then that shows their ignorance.

15. hammerhead

hammerhead Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Agree with others please don't go, would be a good place to practice your English. Maybe put a banner stating English isn't your first language? Then maybe people will be more considerate. Your English is better than my mums if that's any consolation!

16. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

Hell, there are Americans here who can't write proper English to save their lives.

17. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Please don't go. Not everybody here is a jerk. In fact I'd be happy to help you get more comfortable with written English. We could use the private messages until you get used to it.

18. Elder Knight

Elder Knight Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd suggest that you stay around. There are many good people here, who appreciate honest discussion. Do not let a few discourage you.