Lance Armstrong to Admit to Doping

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by ShamelessMcBundy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

He's not going to say shit in that Oprah interview. Don't be fooled, the lying is not stopping here, all he'll try to achieve by doing this is salvage some shred of his image to continue fleecing the naive public with his cancer tales for personal gain and continue cheating at sporting events to feed his ego.

He's done, done done. I don't fucking need or want a "confession" from him, unless he's willing to tell us some of the things we don't already know, or can't prove anyway (about the corruption of the UCI for example, the details of his dealings with Ferrari, the true extent of the advantage he gained with his superior doping methods, how dirty Bruyneel really is, etc.), but he won't. So fuck him, and fuck Oprah for giving him a podium to fuck with the public once again.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

People will cheat to win. This has happened throughout history. Only we're better at catching people at it than we used to be.

4. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Non-story. Don't care.

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

A few years too late.

6. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

If he actually admitted to lying, I'd still hate him for feeding us BS for years.

If he doesn't, he's got to live with it and our lives go on as normal.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

He said Oprah can "go there" and he'll answer her questions "truthfully". That doesn't mean he'll admit to anything.

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, just seems a lot of hype for some ratings. She's only going to ask. She can't know what he's really gonna say or not say.

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oprah isn't really known for her hard hitting interview style either, which would be part of the reason he is going to her rather than someone with real teeth. I think her most famous is Cruise jumping on a couch saying he is in love, hardly world shattering. That said I am interested to see if he'll take responsibility for his action.

10. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you cheat, you lie about it, it couldn't be otherwise. Everyone who knew the inner workings of cycling knew he was doing it from way back. "Never failed a test" shouldn't have fooled anyone who dug a little deeper than what the Armstrong PR machine was putting out.

Oprah got the notoriously reticent David Letterman to talk about some fairly embarrassing personal shortcomings, plus it's not in the best interest of her ratings to soft-ball an interview. OTOH Armstrong is still involved in litigation on some issues so I would guess any admission will be fairly vague.

11. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Word is that Armstrong will admit to using PEDs, but it will be a limited confession.

12. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I totally agree. Most people were only fooling themselves in believing him. The evidence was always against him.

13. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

I know Cancer isn't funny , but the sign is.

14. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From the CFOX page

[​IMG]

15. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

meh

I don't really care.