Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So would that be NYC then?

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Was it a fracture or "just" a knee injury?

He was still limping last week, but its been several days since the fight and he's probably been icing the heck out of it and popping motrin to reduce the pain/swelling.

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

He's still limping. I'm going with pain drugs for the rest of the difference.

4. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

He uses the miracle drug from the island. He even mentioned using it to "speed up the healing process" in that episode.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or next season begins with a newsreader informing her viewers "it's been a year since Starling City last saw it's hooded vigilante."

6. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if they didn't do The Flash pilot and stuck with their original plan that Barry would have been the courier?

I am sure Thea didn't shoot Malcolm. This EP was kinda predictable.

7. Guy Gardener

Water finds it's own level.

You are getting too smart for the shows you liked 10 years ago, or the modern day carbon copies of those shows.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Then again, if Thea kills Merlyn in "self defense", does she become heir to whatever remains of his fortune?

9. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love this show so much, but come on guys: "the Arrow" and "the Canary" are not less stupid than "Green Arrow" and "Black Canary."

10. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, nearly all the secondary characters introduced over the course of this season have been killed off... Assuming Slade is finished off next week, plus a couple more, we have a nearly clean slate to introduce new people for what will likely be a Russia-based arc for the show..?

Also, I think pretty much everyone knows about everyone else's secret identity by now, except for newly re-minted Detective Lance (did Oliver always call him "Detective" even when he wasn't? 'Cuz he does here when he would clearly not know he'd been re-promoted). I'm glad Laurel figures it out simply by staring at Sara instead of continuing the charade on longer than it has been going already. They've been within inches of each others' eyes and she didn't figure it out then, but non-comic audiences can only accept that for so long.

And Starling City has just over a half million people in it, really? I'm not an expert on American urban centers but don't you guys peg most urban centers at well over a million these days? For all the infrastructure the city seems to have (going by all the cities that are used in its stock footage flyovers), I'd have assumed the population would be in the multi-millions. Or are they only talking about the metro area? They mention here that it seems to be a sort of Manhattan Island which is cut off when ARGUS takes the bridges and tunnels. Oddly, both Metropolis and Gotham have similar setups...

Mark

11. Fist McStrongpunch

That would make Starling about the size of Milwaukee. Seems fine to me. Not every city's a New York.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yep, the entire time he was demoted, everyone still addressed him as Detective.

Hmmmm, a russian slant? KGBeast? He'd fit in nicely as the type of villain Arrow has been facing.

13. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was the season finale because it was intense and action packed. It reminded me again of The Dark Knight Rises. Blood got his comeuppance.

14. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Milwaukee? Alright, I can deal with that, I guess - but the skylines of Vancouver / New York / Tokyo / Chicago / New York / Boston / etc. that we've seen over the last two years has always suggested something bigger to me.

And assuming the next season delves into his Russian past, I'll assume that something that happens early on will explain why he doesn't just pick up the first damn phone he sees and call collect to Mama Queen to airlift him the heck out of wherever he ends up. He MIGHT not start off in Moscow in next year's season opener, but the cards are lining up for the show to fill in the time he wasn't on the island pretty quickly now, and IMO there's little reason he shouldn't have stayed dead for everyone. Maybe the mafia forces him to work for them and forbids him to call home? Maybe he spends a few months as an amnesiac while learning Russian, working his way up the ranks and scoring some fine ex-soviet booty? Stuff like that?

Aside - whoa, I didn't realize that his island lackey Anatoli IS KGBeast from the comics. Also that he's played by David Nykl, best known to genre fans (until now?) as the Czech science nerd Zelenka, lackey to chief science nerd Rodney Mackay from Stargate Atlantis..!

Mark

15. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

So Slade wants to kill the person who Ollie loves the most is it -

Laurel - because Slade remembers him talking about her on the island.

Sarah - because Ollie chose her over Shado.

Thea - because she's his sister.

Felicity/Digg - because Slade knows how closely they work together.

Ollie's unborn child - because it was mentioned a couple of episodes ago.

Ollie - because he loves himself.

16. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Whoa, why do these people bother with masks when a fake beard can make you completely unrecognizable...

17. Fist McStrongpunch

Starling City.

18. Guy Gardener

The current Russian secret services are the FSB and SVR, however since everyone is doing their job well, those names are extaordinarily obscure... Or maybe Hollywood got sick of being so racist by painting the Russians as Bogeymen.

19. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Considering the theme of this season, I'm betting that Olliver will be able to cure Slade without having to kill him.

20. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

legally I doubt he'd have any fortune to pass on since his estate would be facing civil suits from all the people who either died or lost property when he decided to destroy the Glades.