2013 Primetime Emmy Awards Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Emmys are tonight on CBS.

This is the second year that all four major American broadcasting TV networks weren't nominated in Outstanding Drama Series, and the first year Netflix is in the running with one of its shows. Cable domination continues!

The unexpected happened last year, when Mad Men's streak of Drama Series Emmy wins was finally broken. Will Homeland repeat?

I want Game of Thrones to finally win Drama, this year might be its last chance. Next year will be too difficult since everyone will be going up against the final season of Breaking Bad!

Will you be watching? Which shows and who do you think will/should win the awards?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65th_Primetime_Emmy_Awards

2. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pulling for Breaking Bad. It has won plenty of actor Emmys but the much deserved drama and writing awards have continued to be just out of reach.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

But isn't the Drama series win a given for Breaking Bad next year for the final season? ;)

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Jesus, can't they give the Best Actor in a Comedy Emmy to someone other than Jim Parsons? Namely Louie CK. Really hoping Louie gets Best Comedy. It's one of the best shows on television, period.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

At least Modern Family isn't winning all the acting Comedy Emmys this! About time! :techman:

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

No but they're STILL winning Best Comedy. :rolleyes:

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Breaking Bad wins Drama. Can't say I'm not surprised. :D

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently not. ;)

It's about damn time. Yes!!! Congrats to Anna Gunn too. Now the whole main cast has at least one Emmy.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Milking it an extra year paid off.

10. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Thank God Homeland didn't win. Season two was terrible. Carrie and Brody in love. God, what a spectacular way to throw an outstanding premise down the toilet.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a disgrace, and what's his name from The Newsroom won for best actor in drama. I like him but no, just no.

These award shows are just bullshit waste of time being they don't let the actors drink anymore.

Homeland season 2 was awesome besides the last few episodes. The hotel scene is a favorite of mine.

12. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My favorite part was seeing Bob Newhart get a standing ovation for his win as a guest star on Big Bang Theory. It's too bad he never won for The Bob Newhart Show or Newhart, but I'm glad he finally won though.

13. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pissed that Game of Thronies, House of Cards, nor the Walking Dead won anything which IMO are the three best shows on TV currently.

The only cool thing the night produced was Stephen Colbert's - Jon Stewart beating - Emmy whould should make for some funny TV tonight.

14. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm just pissed that Tatiana Maslany of "Orphan Black" wasn't nominated. She was great in all of her roles.

They ought to have a rule, something about winning two years in a row benches you from being nominated the next year.

I'm tired of same people winning because the voters are too lazy to pick someone else.