Tuvok is an Idiot

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Defiant Obrien, Jun 29, 2013.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And he turned on his lights to do this. ;)

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have we ever seen a Vulcan other than Sybok with a beard?

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mirror Spock.

4. teacake

ack, right.. but let's discount that. Mirror Soval also had a beard. Any non MU Vulcans with beards besides Sybok?

Really shaving is illogical, but probably reminds Vulcans of their terrifying evolution from lesser, more carnal life forms so it's not surprising they do it.

5. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Spock had T'Pring.

6. teacake

Oh Gov Kodos that is like a little present to me :adore:

7. Gov Kodos

8. teacake

OMG! Someone has shopped on ears and greenified him and Pinefied the other one!

It's wonderful.

9. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Actually, yeah. :lol: Although I think Tuvok and T'Pol would have gotten along well, I think.

10. Defiant Obrien

Defiant Obrien Lieutenant

The whole point of bringing this up is tuvok made a horrificly poor judgement call. Security chief apparently does not equal safety inspector on voyager..

some two years prior... THIS happend:
    [​IMG]

This has got to be the most hideous vile thing i have ever seen on television. Fast forward to now and he's meditating WITH THE SAME HIGH TENSILE STRENGTH ALIEN NEXT TO AN OPEN FLAME..

Clearly tuvok is a thrill seeker.. or has a high opinion of voyagers fire suppression system.

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You haven't watched much tv if that's the most hideous vile thing you've ever seen on tv. :lol:

But seriously... this is Voyager. You don't expect any actual continuity do you? :p By the standard of any character not learning from a mistake, even when encountering a virtually similar situation in the future, every main member of Voyager's been guilty of that a few times. And thus an "idiot" by your esteemed standards.

12. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

You come here and take a shot at another ethnic group, but somehow we're the idiots? Give me a break!

--Sran

13. Captain Clark Terrell

That you believe something doesn't make it a fact. And no, you don't need to list the supposed flaws of your own enthicity to make this fair. What's fair is that you refrain from running your mouth in the first place so that things like this don't happen.

--Sran

14. Captain Clark Terrell

No, I don't think those things at all. I'm half-Indian, and I don't associate anyone of Indian ethnicity with gas stations or hotel management, nor do I associate anyone from the Middle East with oil or camels. You may make that association, but you have no business making an assumption like that about other people.

--Sran

15. Captain Verata

Captain Verata Lieutenant Red Shirt

Wow. I really recommend you shouldn't bring up people's ethnicity because it would seem you don't know how to talk about it. Try not lumping people into stereotypical categories if you feel the need to mention something about ethnicity. Ugh...

Anyways, Tuvok is awesome!!!!!!!

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You ever wonder why no one, even Seska, tried to correct the grammar of calling Janeway's bunch "Federations"?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  17. Gov Kodos

A future Machiavelli will one day write about how all species can be divided into federations or collectives... maybe Seven's PhD thesis.

18. teacake

They don't correct them because it's a subtle psychological one up for the humans hearing them get it wrong all the time. Tuvok would be the only one who would correct them.

19. Defiant Obrien

Half indian doesnt mean anything. If you were born here you are an american. If you dont speak any punjabi or urdu, you are an american.. Clearly you dont identify with the indian social group so you are therefore NOT indian.. but a person of indian descent.. and i doubt you bring all this up in casual conversation

20. Defiant Obrien

I didnt bring it up in the first place. One of these "stir the soup" vultures started this entire tirade by implying im some kind of closet racist..