Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Right, but she should have at least been listed on the telepath casualty report shown to the inspectors. It's a continuity error to omit her.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I so wish it had been the other way around.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

then she would have paired off with Kim or Chuckles.

Or remained another sexless drone with folded legs for the next seven years.

4. teacake

But think of the subtext!

Stadie and Janeway, Stadie and B'Elanna, Stadie and both Delaney sisters and Harry gets nothing.. what a wonderful world it would have been.

5. Guy Gardener

If Pussy Galore is the standard for telling repressed ignorant god fearing torch and pitchfork shaking people that lesbians exist through veiled code then it's probable that Stadi was was a lesbian...

vs.

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it's geared more toward my generation and older.
    Those of us that grew up on the campy sci-fi of Flash Gordon and Buck Rodgers. The irony is "Bride" feels like an TOS episode.

7. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Bliss: Another great Voyager offering. An interesting science fiction concept (a creature that deceives people by showing them their hearts desires), a great guest star, and being the huge 7 of 9 fan that I am I loved her role in this episode.
    7/10

8. Guy Gardener

Just one more fricking reason that this show should have been called Odyssey.

In myth, Odysseus heard that the Sirens call was hot. Super sexy. You know like an unbelievable high. Down side is that the sirens call makes you want to crash your ship on the rocks by their home so that you can get it on with these sexy b'tches. So when approaching their territory, Odyssesus had his crew tie him to the mast so that he couldn't get out and do the ship some harm, and had his crew muffle their ears by stuffing them with cabbage so that they couldn't hear the sirens call and do the ship harm either.

So Odyssesus got off. probably the best "sex" of his life, and his poor crew just had a usual shitty day at work... AND their ear canals reeked of cabbage for probably the next month.

What an ass.

They should have taken turns being tied to the mast and gone backwards and forwards zigzagging past the Sirens home until the sirens figured out that their music was being stolen and they should just shut the fuck up because they were being used by assholes who didn't believe that their intellectual property deserved reimbursement for use.

Homer beat Napster to the punch by 3000 years.

9. AdmiralScreed

Haha, good call. The premise of Bliss seemed familiar, I just couldn't remember from where.

Also, I just did some calculations and discovered that so far season 5 episodes have an average score of 6.7. That's even higher than season 4 ended up being! Let's hope that the good episodes continue.

10. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always thought of "Moby Dick' meets "Pinocchio" myself.

...or is it "Jona and the Whale"??

11. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well as I said AdmiralScreed, "Dark Frontier" is up next and its kind of essential to watch "The Raven" before then

12. AdmiralScreed

Just watched it.

Raven: Some good development for 7, nice flashbacks, and some interesting conflict with the aliens-of-the-week (who I cannot remember the names of). Otherwise, not all that interesting.
    5/10

13. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Star Trek: Odyssey

14. Guy Gardener

i finally got round to watching that as a complete set a couple days ago, and I tried to sell it here, but they doubted me... "Gay Star Ship captains? You're pulling my leg!"

the odyssey was destroyed in DS9.

I've always thought that was just an unfortunate coincidence.

What if it wasn't?

What if Ira cock blocked Berman, or whosoever was pitching this idea of a lost starship on the other side of the galaxy bullshit? He purposely kicked their ball into a sand trap by removing this name from play when they were still trying to devise what to call their series?

15. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Eh, wouldn't be the first time they re-used a ship name.

16. teacake

I wish they had more non-earth names. Let's have something from Betazoid mythology or whatever.

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

We've had a few vulan named ships from time to time, the T'Pau and Sarek spring to mind.

18. teacake

Yep we've had a few. But we need more than a few. Would also be nice if we have earth ones to have names from our future.

19. Guy Gardener

But admit it don't you want to see a Vulcan named Chip, Chad or Brittany?

20. teacake

Actually my dream is that we see the U.S.S. Teacake. An all women crew.