Will there be more Stargate movies?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Jayson, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought there was supose to be more direct to dvd movies and a Atlantis movie. Has something happened in the last two years I was away from the trekbbs that I don't know about?

I wonder also if they might even do something that ties into Stargate Universe to give that show some closure.

Jason

2. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

MGM went into and came out of being bankrupt.

Stargate, all flavors, got shelved. The current people in charge have said they have NO interest in doing more Stargate at this time.

End of story. :(

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Stargate Universe got Closure, pretty much in my opinion, it was left in a place where it could easily be picked back up, but, as an ending it worked well, too. Like LOST, the show was about the Characters, not the mystery of the ship and their mission. If SGU had gone on for 5, 7 or even 10 years, I'm not convinced we would have gotten any more of an answer about the ship and it's mission. I believe any revelation they could've revealed would be a let down, so, it was best to not even try and leave it to the veiwers' imagination.

The failure of Stargate Universe to generate and keep an audience, along with MGM's financial struggles, killed any hope of any Stargate anything for some time to come. Best hope is a reboot a few years down the line.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, there won't be any further DVD movies or TV shows for the foreseeable future. There's always the possibility of a theatrical film but the rights to that are held by other people (Emmerich?) so it would have no relation to the SG-1 franchise.

5. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jason, now's your chance, pitch a Stargate spinoff staring nothing but monkeys.

6. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Much like vulcan, stargate got pitched into a black hole.