The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Ah, thanks for the clarification and reminder. Given the tendencies of recent superhero action figure lines it's a wonder any characters outside the main hero and villain ever get made. Wasn't the Iron Man 3 line of 3.75" figures little more than Iron Man himself in a number of different configurations? Seemed like it.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the Iron Man 3 line was a travesty. Just a bunch of repaints of the same few basic figures, all of them with only 5 points of articulation. Funny, the climax of the film has loads of armors just screaming out "toy advertisement" yet none of them actually got toys.

The final photo in this part may be the single nerdiest photo I have ever taken, and that is saying something:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol: Awesome. Death by Transformer?

4. cooleddie74

I don't know if that's the nerdiest picture you've ever posted, but it comes pretty close. :p It's also very entertaining.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw:
    Loki needs to learn to stop ticking off the big guys!

6. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome...they are like crack. Once you have one you want more. I've preordered the Winter Soldier Cap/Steve Rogers figures.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

And as the saying goes with collectors, crack is cheaper. :lol:

8. cooleddie74

^
    Yep. Usually. :)

Today's scores:

-6" Black Series Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
    -Legacy Collection Wioslea
    -Legacy Collection Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon
    -Saga Collection Luke Skywalker (Endor Gear)
    -Saga Collection Death Star Gunner (loose with all accessories and original embossed stand)

I also saw the new 6" Black Series Obi-Wan, but the paint job and apps on his head weren't very good. They could have done much better on that copy. I took a pass on this one.

9. OdoWanKenobi

^Congrats. I'm still on the lookout for Black Series wave 3.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  10. cooleddie74

Thanks, man. It was just good timing. The Stormtrooper was long gone by the time I got there and I'm just glad at least one Luke was left.

The Bespin Luke is more impressive than the X-Wing Luke in Wave 1. I think you'll really like him once you find him.

11. OdoWanKenobi

I'm sure I will. The Bespin look is the far more iconic one for me. I kinda wish it had come out first, so I could use that one in my comic instead. Heh, I've kinda hit writers block with the next segment. I know where I need it to go, but am undecided on how to get it there. Each idea I try just sounds kinda stupid or anticlimactic.

I picked up the Play Arts Kai version of Green Lantern. This one is certainly a non-traditional look, but I think it makes for a pretty cool looking figure. I'm a sucker for anything Green Lantern:
    [​IMG]

He comes with an alternate hand that has a construct on it, but I cannot display him with it. It's yellow! For crying out loud, a Green Lantern with a yellow construct has a serious problem:
    [​IMG]

12. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

The yellow construct is weird. I wonder if it was a production error? It looks like there is a little green mixed in but I wonder if it was a coloring error overall.

13. Kira's Mom

I've never played HeroClix, but I just bought this little guy for my Shelf Avengers:

[​IMG]

This is probably the closest I'll ever get to having a Pete Wisdom figure (unless I have one custom made). He was only a dollar, so what the hell. He can annoy Captain Britain even if he's small. :evil:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  14. Kira's Mom

Sorry for the double post, but Coulson has arrived!

[​IMG]

LOKI NO!!!!!

[​IMG]

15. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mystic Turtles. Albeit only three of them

[​IMG]

16. cooleddie74

Those are great new pics, guys!

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Picked up this Iron Patriot figure the other day. I wouldn't say Iron Man 3 was the best film ever made but I do really like the design, looks awesome. I'm tempted to get the Mk42 figure now to go with it.

[​IMG]

18. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eager for the Legendary Pictures' release of "Godzilla" next month, I gave into a whim and purchased a couple of Bandai Goji' figures this weekend, one based upon the original 1954 design and the second being the so called Millenium version with the truly spikey spinal plates somewhat purple in color. Both stand about 6.5 inches tall.

They're rather "basic" figurines having few points of articulation, 6 on the '54 version and just 4 upon the 2K figure. But they are nicely detailed. If one were bold enough to try filling the seams with putty and painting them, they'd make really nice "display statuettes". I'm not that talented, so I'll leave them as they are. ;)

Sincerely,

Bill

19. cooleddie74

Found a bought a second copy of the Black Series Mara Jade earlier today. It was the first time I'd ever seen her on local retail pegs (I got my first copy of her from a friend). She was one of the few Black Series figures on those pegs that wasn't in the process of peeling off their cardbacks.

20. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I got that same '54 Bandai figure in my collection. I just love how they incorporated the wrinkles of the movie suit into the design. That's how faithful this is.