Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Khan Harrison, Jul 8, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

And no one ever wonders if Kes is wearing a wig because it looks so awful it's obvious. BUT she is an alien so everything is explained away :: waves hand ::

OH OH OH it would so awesome if you could get tattoos in the future that just erased with the wave of a wand. Really makes future humans we do see even more dull as they barely decorate themselves when the possibilities are endless.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some of the aliens we see are are so dearly obviously surgically altered Humans who must have bored been with being seen as and treated as weak, brittle, puny terrans... Although as that just seems bloody obvious, I suddenly remember that Eugenics has been outlawed, so any modifications would be extremely superficial and not passed onto the next generation.

Most transporters should be programmed to mend minor cuts, abrasions, and irritations, as a public service. However you have to wonder what sort 7 shades of hell would have been kicked the first time someone got through the other side of a transport to find their tattoo missing or their hair colour clocked back to it's factory settings.

Which means that privacy and personal freedom would be an issue, that some people may not want medical business done to them on the sly between transports, that before your first transports as an adult that there would be some huge amount of paper work required to tell the transporter "grid/infrastructure" what it's allowed to do to you without asking and what it should leave alone, and that the computers have to keep track of all that in real time every time "everyone" steps on a transporter pad.

3. teacake

Or they could just be programmed to sterilize your surface and that's it. If you want your cuts and abrasions and dirty face fixed you have to do it yourself. There has to be some reason why transporters aren't used to repair livers and stuff, it would be so simple otherwise.

4. Guy Gardener

Do you think that kidneys are the only organ McCoy could grow with a pill?

In Rascals, they used the medimetadata in the transporter logs to reconstitute the kids, but it did take them a couple days to remember that they were there so, even if they're not trying so hard, the Federation is a shit Orwellian superstate.

The HUGE belt Buckles in the Motion Picture uniforms, monitored the crews vitals and transmitted those vitals to sick bay so that Chapel in Sickbay can can get ahead of any problem before it fully blooms.

My theory as to why that stopped is that some baddie used those buckles as bullseyes to refine their targeting sights for their torpedoes... Although it's also possible that something akin to the buckles was built into the walls of the ship.

5. teacake

If they had all that tech why is McCoy constantly pestering the Captain to come in for his medical?

(I've watched TMP only twice.)

6. Guy Gardener

I doubt the wardrobe department was in complete contact with the writers room, but that's just what my Encyclopaedia had to say on the subject. Besides monitoring crew at rest, is not the same as monitoring crew while putting them through their paces on those lying down stair pedals.

McCoy is a Technophobe, and he might not even have been aware what the Buckles were for yet, since he had been retired 5 years, hiding from the wife in his log cabin.

7. teacake

McCoy just likes to get everyone into his medical rooms and undressed and never forgetting that he's the Doctor. They are all the same. The EMH also loves it, being the one man who can tell every single person on the ship to drop their trousers and stick out their tongue.

8. Guy Gardener

It's worse with the EMH because it ISN'T a sex thing.

9. teacake

But he wants it to be a sex thing, he fancies himself the lothario restrained by noble ethics. So he wins both ways. That he is just a bunch of photons and tropes is other people's hangups.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

It's like the time the EMH popped up on a monitor while B'Elanna was dressing (can't remember episode). She tries to cover herself, but he rather smugly says it's nothing he hasn't seen before. Wouldn't surprise me if he's as lecherous as Barclay on holodecks.

11. teacake

[​IMG]

But Captain, we haven't finished with your sonic smear yet!

12. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't she in the sonic shower? :klingon:

13. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

That's probably what it was. I still don't know which episode. I only have a handful on Collective bundles, but don't remember the title.

14. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

she had just undressed and was about to get into the shower. The better question is why was there a monitor in the bathroom?

the episode is Drone, the one where some of Seven's nanoprobes fuse with the mobile emitter and a futuristic borg is formed

15. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Hasn't the phone ever rung when you were in the bathroom? :guffaw:

16. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

Well I don't keep a video phone in the bathroom.

17. Guy Gardener

Your birthday is imminent. Stamp your feet and hold your breath until half your children buy you one, and the other half install it.

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

He's the only gynecologist (and urologist) aboard, for over 7 years. He has seen and touched everyone's everything.

19. Guy Gardener

Don't forget that he's the only abortionist too.

The only person not shagging without a net when the Kazon took over was Harry Kim crawling about Jefferies tubes keeping the ship together in one piece.

20. Katie O'Clare

Katie O'Clare Lieutenant Red Shirt

I loved it when the EMH wanted to add some subroutines of historical characters and ended up pushing B'Elanna to her tolerance limits by always touching her thighs and getting excited while examining her stomach...some bedside manner...it was hilarious!