Brannon Braga on a possible Season 5 through Netflix + More...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by FrontierTrek, Mar 24, 2013.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And obviously T'Pol ends up with Archer thus making half the fans happy and the other half insanely angry. ;)

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

FTFY ;)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tucker ends up like the books, it was all a plot for something and he is Not. Dead. Because Connor Trineer is a fantastic actor and we really need to have him in Season 5.

Great opener for season 5, crapping all over TATV.

4. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Didn't Rick Berman say TATV would've been retconned had ENT been approved for a 5th season? It begs the question why even do an episode like TATV (which was originally going to close out season 3) at all if you just plan to disregard it later intentionally.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

No, he actually said TATV never would have been made in the first place. There wouldn't be any need for a quick (and sloppy, not to mention - idiotic) wrap-up.

Although, considering how badly Braga urged to kill Trip, his death would have probably still happened. Sad thing is, seeing how out of touch with the audience (and common sense) he and Berman had become over the years, there's really no reason to assume Season V finale would have been any better than TATV.

6. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

What a mess that show was. Manny Coto just made it sloppier. Trek needs thinkers and idea men, not hacks who think it's cool to wratch up the tension for no purpose or good reason other than to be controversial and shocking for it's own sake. The writing staff didn't gel and agree on the vision of the show's direction or anything else. You could see how Braga looks at Coto like, this is the guy who killed Enterprise. They were antithetical to each other. Braga was too far gone and Coto was no where near and Berman was running the circus as it's all powerful ring leader in a politics in hell type entrenchment with a fragile glory seeking ego to boot. He ran it aground.

7. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I wonder what DC Fontana is doing these days.

8. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

When did she convert to being a man?, LOL.

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

0/10 :shifty:

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Generous.

11. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

If they ever elect me for Pope, that's gonna be my regal name. :lol:

12. TheOriginalGuru

TheOriginalGuru Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Simple question to ask here: Why? Why would they need to recruit a new engineer?

If there was ever to be a season 5, when would it be set? There are a few years gap between Terra Prime and the events of These Are The Voyages... so you wouldn't need to recast. If it were to be set after the events of These Are The Voyages... (and whose to say it can't be!) surely there can be a way to bring him back...they did it before - I'm looking at you, Spock! Not to mention, there would be a whole slew of new directions that stories could go in...perhaps Archer and co taking command of the NX-01A (okay, that's just me spitballing, but that's just a fanboy example).

Do I dare say it?...**** it! I'll take the Pepsi challenge and say it. If given the respect the show deserves, and put in the right hands, and if the producers were allowed to take bold but educated risks, there would be no reason why Enterprise-take two couldn't reinvigorate Star Trek as a viable television franchise once again for many years to come.

(What!?!...a man's allowed to dream, right?)