Chase Materson interview

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by dub, Aug 26, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was a nice interview with Chase Materson (Leeta) in Forbes Magazine recently:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...ne-the-ministry-of-acting-her-dr-who-spinoff/

Here is a lovely quote from the article:

Interviews like this really make me wish I was a fly on the wall of the set during the taping of this series. It also makes me hope to meet some of the actors someday. They seem like interesting people.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The fact that we saw such a large group of recurring actors shows how generous the main cast was.

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Cue the stupidly sexist spammers en masse, who eventually cause this thread to be closed. *sigh*

4. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I met Chase once. She's so lovely. Made me an even bigger fan of hers!

5. Rush Limborg

(Thank heavens, it hasn't happened, yet....)

Yep--and of course, she's a poster on the BBS! (Though her appearances tend to be tragically cut short by said sexist PUNKS! *sigh*)

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^

So why are you all but waving a red flag in front of the trolls?

Anyways, it was a good interview and thanks for posting it dub. I especially liked reading how the guest cast united during the last episode one last time, even those like her who weren't in it.

7. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Excellent point.

The interview was good to read. She seems like a genuinely nice person.

I find it difficult to understand that some people got their jollies by forcing her off the BBS.

8. jazzstick

jazzstick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You know...

I always found her charactor annoying and pointless but it was a nice peek into the show!

9. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Re: Chase Masterson interview

She did a fine job with the character of Leeta, and truly turned what could have been a one-note appearance INTO a character (similar to so many recurring actors on DS9)

She's also very nice and giving to the fans at conventions and a talented singer.

Hopefully she chooses to check back in on these boards sooner rather than later.

*fixed typo on the thread title

10. Rush Limborg

Hey--in my defense, they never needed me, before. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I've actually found that, often, warning ahead of time can actually prevent the otherwise inevitable. Not always, I know...but often.

On a more positive note: I remember when she showed up at a thread some time ago, and answered our questions. I recall asking her about a talk show she'd planned on doing, some year back ("Geek Chic" it was called--it was advertised in the old Star Trek: The Magazine). She noted to me that nothing had come of it, unfortunately--it hadn't gotten past the planning stages, I believe.

Ah, well. I personally wouldn't mind listening to podcasts of her commentary. C'est la vie, I suppose.

11. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Always loved listening to her Fandom interviews.

Archived here :cool:

12. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I listened to those as well. Damn, I had forgotten how long ago those were done.

13. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Wait, when did that happen? Sounds like revisionist history to me.

14. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The version of revisionist history I heard when I asked a few months ago involved an angry significant other.

15. Rush Limborg

That's...probably either a reference to said trolls (and really...who'd want to remain with a thread where posters are degrading them, making sexist remarks or actually posting naked pictures?), or to a prior moderator some time back, who thought it wasn't really Miss Masterson and promptly banned her. (It was temporary, thank goodness.)

16. Shatna

Shatna Grand Lord Admiral Admiral

That ain't the way I hoid it. I have yet to see any of the actual facts presented here.

17. Stompy

Stompy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the link to my page.

[​IMG]

18. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rom?

19. Noddy

Noddy Captain

I heard her boyfriend became involved, and promptly told a few other members who'd been making hurtful remarks about Chase where they could stick it.

20. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, she didn't like some comments and he (the bf) registered and they both came back and technically started flaming. Awkward situation esp. for the mods. Some comments weren't trolling to CM but sexual - which I think she found uncomfortable - a good reason to use some discretion in life.