What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Enow, Aug 15, 2013.

1. CDR6

CDR6 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would like to see the the Vulcans returned to knowledgeable grand father along the lines of TOS. I'm not a fan of the "down with everything" that is currently portrayed by new trek.

My other request is to see the Enterprise portrayed as a "character". Instead of the just a ship we can nuke to death on every outing of the show.

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I want to say this thread was covered here:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=223531
    ... But I can see how this one can be taken differently.

Posting what I said there (slightly edited)-
    It'll be like Game of Thrones but in space.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  3. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the podcast Commentary Track Stars: Off Topic they pitch a new Trek series that I really like. Called "Star Trek: Reliable", it takes place 30 years after the next-gen era, in which Starfleet has had to expand to the point where they're getting to the people who in previous eras might not have been able to get prominent positions on ships. Including an insular captain who hates to be bothered, a first officer who's really good with people but who can't really make command decisions, and a personnel officer whose previous career was made obsolete by recovered Borg technology.

I highly recommend anyone listen to that episode. It's great.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sarek was a nice guy, but the Vulcans we met in "Amok Time" were nothing like you describe. Stonn was meek, T'Pring was a duplicitous cow and T'Pau was racist.

5. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I want to see a series which takes place some years after the end of Voyager. A series with good characters, good stories and good continuity.

But if they are persistent in keeping the Abramsverse, then I want Chewbacca as the main character. ;)

WRRRAAAAAUUUUUGH!

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because he is so eloquent?

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Do you think Data would let the wookie win in Tridimensional Chess?

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Continuity with what? The original Star Trek series, or the modified versions of that continuity which existed in the various spin-offs (i.e. TNG pretended the TOS episodes with androids never happened in order to make Data and family unique, Voyager slowed down warp speed rendering many TOS and movie adventures impossible, Enterprise ignored TNG's version of Klingon/human first contact etc)? We're at the point where it's impossible to adhere 100% to whats come before, since they all conflict so much about almost everything.

9. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm well aware of the continuity errors in the different Trek series. My hope is that we can avoid such things in the future.

Some of the previous continuity errors are very difficult to sort out, some can be sorted out by ignoring them or trying to come up with some plausible explanation (like my theory about "The Shuttle And Torpedo Building Team on Voyager).

I hope I don't have to see important planets being wiped out just for the sake of it, like Vulcan in the Abramsverse when it's established that they do exist in the TNG era or the dozens of continuity errors we did se in Star Trek Enterprise.

10. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

I'd like to see a new animated series featuring the original crew.

11. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

12. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

No more truth in that than any of the countless other rumors started by fans about a new Star Trek series in the works (be it live-action or animated) since ENT went off the air.

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^Enterprise were one of those rumours years before writing began.

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Actually, it was Rick Berman that made the initial announcement that there was going to be a fifth Star Trek series. Up until then there was just a lot of speculation by fans that there was going to be a fifth Trek series based on an idea that VOY would end after seven seasons and another series would immediately replace it. But no one actually knew what Series V would be about--or even its name--until only a few months before its premiere as it was a closely guarded secret by the studio.

15. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

The site the article got its info from is a satire site. An Onion type site base around first responders

It's a fake.

I would have thought the STO ship in the image being billed as the "new ship" would have been a big clue.