You know what's creepy about Amy?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by O'Dib, May 4, 2010.

1. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, that's creepy that. Kept me up all night it was so creepy.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

If you are up for more than four hours call a doctor.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Works for me!!

Red heads rule!

4. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I often find myself having to rewind the Tivo and view certain scenes again, because I miss the whole thing due to excessive Karen Gillan ogling.

5. Bones2

Well that is certainly creepy.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Yep. Finding women attractive = creepiest thing in the world. :shifty:

7. Bones2

Being so entranced by an above average looking girl that you stop paying attention and have to rewatch entire scenes? That's a bit odd, yes.

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

We've got more than one poster on here who only watches shows at all because of what the male cast looks like.

9. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

I do the same for Matt Smith's scenes. :drool: I love my pause button.

Well, that's not why I watch Doctor Who, but he certainly is nice to gaze at. :techman:

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I'm not criticising you for it, it's as good a reason as any, I suppose. Unless you're Temis and the man in question is Flannigan. :mad:

I just find it a bit sad that someone thinks that finding a woman like Karen Gillan attractive is 'creepy'. Basically, if that's true, human race = extinct.

11. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

More likely, human race = "Survival of the Creeps". Wouldn't be a half bad title for a Who ep, either.

12. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

cuz wow, girls are all scary n' stuff.

13. Bones2

And who said that?

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

You did. People do strange things when they're attracted to someone. Pressing rewind on their Sky+ box is hardly 'creepy'.

15. Bones2

But at no point did I say that finding Karen Gillan attractive is creepy. Get your facts straight before making a post, or it could be construed as a personal attack. I said that being entranced with her to the point of completely missing entire scenes is creepy, though I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. However, while she's certainly not unattractive, that's a bit much, and I doubt she'd be put on this pedestal were she not a DW companion. For example, if you were flicking through channels and saw her face, I doubt you'd stop dead in your tracks in and gaze at her beauty with your tongue lolling out.

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^If you want to take it as a personal attack that's up to you.

I don't know if she's being put on a "pedestal". She's certainly getting a lot of media attention because of the fact that she's a new face and Doctor Who is an extremely popular show in the UK.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of this show, I'm not going to watch it just because of some woman. Right now I'm only watching it because they're at least trying to tell half decent science fiction stories which nobody else seems to want to do.

17. Bones2

How would you take someone telling an obvious lie about you? Even after reiterating my position.

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

You described someone rewinding a scene because of a woman in that scene, an act taken because that woman is attractive, as 'creepy'.

If you think my disagreement with that is a personal attack or an outright lie then you are welcome to take it up with the moderators.

19. Bones2

You said that I said that. I didn't. By that point, I'd even gone to the bother of clairfying what I was say, knowing the coterie of halfwits who like to insist I'm some kind of virgin prude for no other reason than thinking frequent unfunny sex references oughtn't be in a family show might start up. It is a lie.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

You know what ? I apologise. I apologise for misinterpreting your comments and I apologise for not replying sooner.

I agree that there's a very large group of cowards on this board who like to throw labels around and insult other posters behind their backs and hide behind the "what happens in TNZ" rule. So, I also apologise for helping them do that too.