Comic Prequel: Star Trek Countdown to Darkness

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ralph, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In my defense, when I suggested it was Lokai (from TOS: LTBYLB), I used a "wink smilie" ( ;) ), which usually indicates non-seriousness.

So....:p

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The comic won't be canon, but the diehard Trek fans will still buy it!;)

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also of note: that page has a release date for issue 1. January 30. Which is consistent with when Countdown issue 1 was released (end of January 2009).

In other words, it's likely that there will be a trailer by then.

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Well, I wasn't actually being serious either :p

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I've never bought Star Trek tie-ins based on canonicity. I buy them because I like collecting and reading them - even the bad ones.

If fans collected only "canonical" ST tie-ins, they would have only a copy of the "Voyager: Mosaic" hardcover in their collections - and the screenwriters started overruling it as soon as Jeri Taylor left "Voyager" anyway.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Even so, I don't expect them to reveal the identity of BC's character in the trailer. I could be wrong, but I really see J.J. attempting to keep it under wraps until opening day of the movie.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since Cumberbatch is supposed to be the central villain of Darkness, logically he'll be in the comic. To leave him out would be like leaving Nero out of Countdown.

At the very least they aren't going to wait until the movie's release, that just isn't practical. In particular, as The Villain he's going to have to be part of the first wave of action figures, which are always released before the movie is out, since that's when they sell the best. Even Abrams realizes this, Trek XI's action figures were out a month before the movie.

No, we'll have a trailer and the identity of Cumberbatch's character before this comic's release.

8. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Well, it looks like Kirk is fading away on that cover. I'm going to go with Tholians. :)

9. drumvan

drumvan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:I never noticed that! I hope it IS a typo they'll fix, and not some awful Mortal Kombat-style spelling shit. Star Trek Into Darrkness.:ouch:

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's amazing how much speculation is generated by a blurry image. It shows how creative Trek fans are. Now that we see it clearly there's not much there there.

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Likely there will be four interlocking covers making up the complete Starfleet delta insignia. One featuring Kirk, Spock, Uhura and the Cumberbatch character.

13. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree with BillJ. There are four editions of Star Trek Countdown to Darkness. This is just one of them. Cumberbatch may be the last one.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

You've got a lot of valid points and I hope you're right, specifically in regard to the above. I still don't see the veil of secrecy being lifted that early, but I hope I'm wrong.