Steam and GOG.com Summer Sales

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Owain Taggart, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I went on a shopping spree for a bunch of friends. For myself, I got Zigfrak and Marlow Briggs. My girlfriend got me Vangers.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was quite sure I wasn't going to touch the Steam sale this time around. Then I got Batman Origins + DLC, Skyrim + DLC, and the Age of Empires II HD DLC for like 28 bucks. Couldn't say no.

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, probably my favourite Steam sale purchase so far. Definitely agree about going vanilla. I often don't modify things in order to get the authentic experience.

Yeah, thanks for that, Robert! That was definitely a nice surprise :) I now have a copy of Fables: The Lost Chapters.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just picked up 'The Wolf Among Us'. I wasn't going to, but then I noticed my Steam wallet balance was *just* enough from all the duplicate trading cards I've sold, so it's essentially a freebie! ;)

Yeah, for me mods are for injecting new life into a game after a few playthroughs. Even so, I tend to be very picky, especially when it comes to cosmetics since I like to keep things consistent with the lore and general aesthetic of the game.
    Since I've played through something like five Wardens by this point (2 human nobles plus city elf, dalish and elf mage), I kinda need something to freshen it up a bit. Plus the vanilla armour designs always bothered me somewhat.

5. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I grabbed the Skyrim legendary edition yesterday. I've had the vanilla game since launch, but was resisting buying the DLC's for the longest time since they were so damn overpriced. But 13 bucks or so for the legendary edition is essentially what the DLC's would cost together if they 75% off, so... Finished Dawnguard today and started Dragonborn this afternoon. Ahh, the Morrowind nostalgia! :techman: Figured I'd do Hearthfire last, so my main can build a house and then retire there.

6. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I am so looking forward to the next community's choice vote. Really hoping everyone chooses Kerbal Space Program and Game Dev Tycoon :)

7. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bah, having no luck with the flash sales. All three times there has been a game I actually wanted it failed to get voted up. I still have to actually buy anything so far.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

*silt strider cry*

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Very tempted with by Saints Row 4...but I feel that if I wait till the x-mas sale, they'll have a version with all the DLC bundled for about the same price.

10. Robert Maxwell

Get Saints Row IV. Your country needs you.

11. Evil Twin

Seriously, just hearing that sound makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :) And the music, too. Morrowind had such a relaxing soundtrack. Was thrilled when they had even the one track in the base game. Stepping on shore at Raven Rock was like "Ahh, I'm home..."

12. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I picked up SimCity 2000 and Alpha Centauri for $3 apiece on GOG. Who knew $6 could make me so happy?

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally got into the sale with the purchase of Space Engineers. Had a quick play and looks like it will be fun once I actually figure out what I'm doing.

14. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

And just purchased the Telltale Sam & Max trilogy from GOG. That's it for me for these sales!

15. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

This time round, non of the old "big name" games caught my eye as truly worth getting. So I ended up buying a couple of small indie games... Game Dev Tycoon, Space Engineers and Endless Space.

16. Robert Maxwell

I got the first two of those. Game Dev Tycoon is a light and simple but reasonably engaging little game.

Space Engineers is way over my head at this point. :lol: I guess I'll have to actually try to learn it.

17. Evil Twin

I basically just ended up getting a bunch of DLC's.

Skyrim Legendary Edition (just for the DLC's)
    3 costume DLC's for Saints Row IV
    Arkham Origins season pass
    Brigmore Witches for Dishonored