teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just looked it up. I think I have always conflated it in my mind with Jericho and hadn't realized it was a separate show. JMS eh?

Stargate seems to excel at that, much less dropping of balls than in Trek. Or maybe it's just because it's fresh to me :lol:

2. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Both good post-apocalyptic shows, but very different executions.

One fun thing about Jeremiah is that is also uses the Cheyenne Mountain Complex as a base, but on the one occasion when they recognizably use the SGC sets, it's representing a different base.

[​IMG]

I think, but I'm not sure, that Jeremiah's sets might have been used as the Kelownan gate room in their later appearances.

The only other time I've really noticed set re-use was in a season 8 episode of SG1 when a certain metaphysical realm appears remarkably similar to Der Waffle House from Dead Like Me...and Daniel orders waffles.

3. teacake

Sight Unseen: Could not wait for this to be over.

re Jeremiah, will try and watch that real soon.

4. teacake

Smoke and Mirrors: I always like these earth bound conspiracy eps.

This guy was creepy as..

[​IMG]

In the last few eps it has seemed like Carter is getting a bit close to Jonas and then in this ep we get this scene with the NID agent:

[​IMG]

And then of course she doesn't even pretend to maybe fancy going fishing with O'Neill. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? There was a big drop in O'Neill/Carter moments a couple seasons back and it seems they may want to totally bury it?

5. teacake

Paradise Lost: Just plain great all round! Kind of Lost-esque creepy for a while there. Luckily for O'Neill and Maybourne the alien plant only made them want to do the killing half of the mating and killing trope that you usually get in these story lines. Very well done.

And Carter was crying.

6. teacake

Metamorphosis: Ah one of my favorites, the beautiful and ever open mouthed Nirrti!!

[​IMG]

Hey anyone know what the stuff on her hands is? Scales? Age spots? Henna?

[​IMG]

Nirrti was looking particularly drag queenish in this one, the voice and shoulders go so well together..

[​IMG]

Good story, once again impressed with the makeup department. A dramatic death, though I certainly would have liked to see more of her.

It was good to finally see the Russian SG team though the accent is annoying as is the pettiness from O'Neill about them.

7. teacake

Oh and just because she's now dead, Nirrti's very impressive assets:

[​IMG]

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't he Galactica's CAG in the BSG mini series?

9. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The actress playing Nirrti actually has a "story by" credit for this episode

10. gturner

gturner Admiral

As plot devices go, I can't imagine how they thought they'd create a dramatic episode around harmless bugs that have always been here, can't hurt anything, exist in a different dimension, and can just be ignored.

I'd have gone with a story where the team finds out that Hathor somehow posed for the April 1962 edition of Playboy, so they go to Heff's mansion to see if anyone remembers a playmate with glowing eyes. They gate through a solar flare to travel back to 1962 and find out Heff is also a Goa'uld, but they can't alter the timeline and also realize that he can't be implanting symbiotes in the playmates because the pouch would be pretty obvious. So they drink a few beers and leave. Pointless and stupid, but playmates would hold the screen better than badly rendered CGI bugs, and Heff is so obviously Goa'uld that the story would make perfect sense.

11. teacake

I'm thinking David Bowie might also be a Goa'uld.

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Setesh had to have some identity before his escapade in Washington State. "Seth"... "Hef"... hmmm....

13. teacake

Disclosure: God help me I'm listening to this on headphones as I post stuff because it is 99% clip show. And it had so much promise when the British VIP was so amusingly shocked in the very beginning.

"The government of China does not believe in keeping secrets from its people."

EDIT: Okay it's done. So everyone knows about the stargate now, hopefully we see how that plays out on earth.

14. teacake

Forsaken: I've noticed this before.. anyone know what this bead bracelet O'Neill wears is all about?

[​IMG]

And.. that is all I have to say.

15. teacake

The Changeling: Ha! I knew there was a lot more going on between Shan'auc and Teal'c that episode where he forgot about his sorta wife for her. Here he is in his AU life married to her. His AU life that his own mind produced.

[​IMG]

And I have a question.. leaving aside the ridiculous fire hazard here I don't get why Teal'c has so many candles when he spends his kelno'reem with his eyes shut. But teacake you say, he must look upon the candles to focus himself into his deep state like Tuvok did.. well wtf does he need all these candles behind him then?

[​IMG]

And..

"I would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature."

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not really. Only the governments represented at that meeting are aware of the Stargate, and it's still a secret from the general public.

It has some sort of siginificance in the US Air Force, and was in fact given given to RDA by the actual USAF. Amanda Tapping was also given one, so be sure to keep an eye out for Carter wearing one as well.

17. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

It's quite thought-provoking really. If SG-1 found a culture that was squeezing the juice from an animals underbelly and drinking it they'd probably find it revolting, yet it's something people consume every day without even thinking about it.

18. Silvercrest

It's basically the U.N. Security Council nations, isn't it?

Actually this does occur to me sometimes. I try not to think about it too hard.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  19. teacake

I bet thought that more people know the bigger the leaks get.

20. Silvercrest

Watch out, my quote tags were screwed up and it affected your post as well. I was just mentioning the U.N. Well, and milk.

There are still people who want to keep the program secret and will do ANYTHING to plug leaks. Exactly who killed Armin back in S1 is never explained, but whoever it was, there are more like them out there.